http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

billee

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

Whiskers

When we think back to "Out Of This World" taking the 3rd place slot, I wonder will we really remember how it feels like this and how

These are the remaining songs on Bloodflowers:

"The Last Day Of Summer"
"Bloodflowers"

As per usual, since this is the last round, I wonder what everyone's thoughts on Bloodflowers is? I know a lot of fans refer to it as "the last great Cure album," but I think that it falls short in some places; it starts out strong, ends strong (enough), but kind of falters in the middle a bit. That isn't to knock it; "Watching Me Fall," lyrically, is probably my favorite song by The Cure, but "Where The Birds Always Sing" and "There Is No If..." are incredibly mediocre and just feel like filler to me. Overall, though, it's a nice conclusion to Robert Smith's "trilogy," and the album that best shows off the skill that Jason Cooper has (unfortunately, he has yet to show that skill on any other album he's played on by the band).

Oh, and my vote is still for "Bloodflowers"

PAOKCURE

I went away alone with nothing left but faith

Lady

Both beautiful but I have to choose.... :roll:

I'm sorry but my vote is for "The Last Day Of Summer" :(
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

TheyCallMeP

TheRedSinger

dsanchez

Quote from: Whiskers on August 17, 2011, 08:04:14
As per usual, since this is the last round, I wonder what everyone's thoughts on Bloodflowers is? I know a lot of fans refer to it as "the last great Cure album"

I have the Colombian edition of "Bloodflowers" in a CD, a gift from a past girlfriend. I think it's an awesome album, and definitely, in my humble opinion, the best after "Wish". I wish it included "Want", though, as I think it's better than any song on Bloodflowers. I agree there are some weak songs, but not awful (as 'Freak Show' on 4:13 Dream).

The song "Bloodflowers" reamins my favourite. This is related to my experience in Hamburg 2002, the first time I saw The Cure. I will never forget Robert saying "this is the last song" and then playing this one. Based on this, my vote is for "The Last Day of Summer"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Whiskers

"The last Day Of Summer" never felt so cold as it takes the 2nd place slot, making "Bloodflowers" the most popular song on Bloodflowers!

9.) 39
8.) The Loudest Sound
7.) There Is No If...
6.) Where The Birds Always Sing
5.)  Watching Me Fall
4.) Maybe Someday
3.) Out Of This World
2.) The Last Day Of Summer
1.) Bloodflowers

Up next... The Cure!

othervoices13

I find this album fairly monotonous with a few very good songs (Lat Day of Summer, Bloodflowers) I hold to the opinion that Wish is the last great album...
a smile to hide the fear away

dsanchez

Quote from: othervoices13 on August 19, 2011, 16:40:58
I find this album fairly monotonous with a few very good songs (Lat Day of Summer, Bloodflowers) I hold to the opinion that Wish is the last great album...

Agree, this is not the last best Cure Album, this is the best Cure album after "Wish".
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SidneyCure

Maybe Someday>Out of this World
Love Maybe Someday
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!