Previous topic - Next topic

word_on_a_wing

Gosh sorry to hear that, hopefully one appears somehow 🙏
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

dsanchez

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on April 16, 2018, 14:31:52

I think is easier for Peru to win the next world cup than me getting a ticket for this lol
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: dsanchez on April 16, 2018, 13:29:08
Quote from: Ulrich on April 16, 2018, 12:08:35
Quote from: dsanchez on April 16, 2018, 11:32:58
SOLD OUT! Didn't manage to get tickets...
Sorry to hear that.  :(
No big surprise though.

Is the first time I don't manage to get a ticket for a Cure gig... :roll:

Well at least you have seen The Cure before. Some fans like me are just hoping for a world 2019 tour.

dsanchez

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 16, 2018, 18:31:11
Well at least you have seen The Cure before. Some fans like me are just hoping for a world 2019 tour.

When I was your age I did not see The Cure... my first time was one I was 25. So I actually waited many years before my first Cure gig...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on April 16, 2018, 20:40:21
When I was your age I did not see The Cure... my first time was one I was 25. So I actually waited many years before my first Cure gig...

So did I! I finally got to see them at the age of 23 (after missing some tours before).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Quote from: dsanchez on April 16, 2018, 14:53:38
Quote from: word_on_a_wing on April 16, 2018, 14:31:52

I think is easier for Peru to win the next world cup than me getting a ticket for this lol

I'd like to see Chile take it :)

Kiddo will be almost 8 at Hyde park. Start them young  :smth023
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on April 16, 2018, 11:32:58
SOLD OUT! Didn't manage to get tickets...

Robert's birthday is near, so I think a final batch of tickets will be available soon.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

cheyler

It was her surname that did it...guaranteed. 

g_erman

I KNOW, I KNOW...
IT'S A SHOT IN THE DARK. BUT IT'S A SHOT. IF YOU DON'T ASK, YOU DON'T GET.
I'M WILLING TO BUY ONE TICKET FOR CURAETION-25. NO MATTER WHERE IN THE HALL, I JUST NEED TO GET IN. I WILL PAY OVER FACE VALUE, CERTAINLY. IN CASE YOU HAVE A TICKET FOR DISABLED PEOPLE FOR SALE, I CAN USE THAT TOO (AS I'M A DISABLED PERSON). IF YOU'RE A FAN, I WILL ALSO GIVE YOU SOME CURE GOODIES AND VERY STRANGE RARE COLLECTABLE ITEMS FROM MY PERSONAL COLLECTION. WILL SHARE SOME UNHEARD NICE CURE RELATED STORIES TOO. PLEASE E-MAIL ME. YOU CAN ALSO WHATSAPP ME TO +34 615857941
THANK YOU.

cheyler

This is the one, that's for sure.  Hyde Park the only European show this year?  The only OUTDOOR European show this year maybe...  Imagine how...distressed...some of these folks who are travelling long distances.  The show they THOUGHT they were going to see had already been played...two weeks before they even made it to England.  Gigs and tours rarely go smoothly for these guys, as evidenced by the 2016 tour and even these two shows (originally announced as ONE show).  Two weeks away, the rehearsals are probably over, maybe a warm-up a day or two before the gig, then 'they're off!'.  Lol will be there, that's not hard to figure out.  I'd put some money on Pearl being there too.  I have a strange feeling Perry will be there too, he's really fallen off the radar over the last couple of months.  I'm a little less certain about Andy, but I think there's a possibility.  Who else, Boris?  Even odds on him.  Michael and Mathieu?  Not a clue.  Can't wait to find out!

g_erman

Have you got a ticket, Cheyler? If Pearl's gonna be there, that's enough for me: I don't want to miss it. I tried to purchase a ticket when the sales began but was impossible. At that time the gig was far away ahead, so I didn't care much. Now I'm scared of missing it. I agree Lol will be there. It would be nice to see Andy. And Michael. And Boris. But Pearl's the jewel for me. Pffff... I'm stressed out as 30 years ago...

cheyler

I agree with you completely.  I don't have a ticket though.  I was trying to put together a trip to the Hyde Park gig, but while I was struggling with the travel money, the tickets sold out.  By the time I'd heard of the second, earlier gig the tickets were gone already for that show as well.  Pearl is the big draw for me, best guitarist they EVER had (or are ever likely to have).  Lol and Pearl are friends so it's not much of a stretch to see them both there.  Lol won't say, and rightly so.  I wouldn't want to under-cut the official announcement.  Same with Andy.  Even if I could get an expedited passport, all the other logistics are left undone.  I have to resign myself to the fact that I'm not gonna make it.  Something just occurred to me.  If this multiple-incarnation format works well, maybe if everyone's schedules are clear they could take it on the road!?!?  It'd be a helluva way to go out in style.

g_erman

I know that there's a rule of not saying a word until the gig takes place. So Pearl, Lol, Andy or any other who may be joining the band won't say a word about it. There's no much re-sale tickets around, just a few on viagogo (which is the most abusive site of all abusers that re-sells). This show should be truly special, and not a rehearsal for Hyde Park. Robert can do what he wants. He could even make the three or four most relevant line-ups play that night. If it's just a gig of the current line-up (which I do not like at all) with a brief appearance of some old bandmates, that'd be truly disappointing. I don't think Pearl wants to go on the road with The Cure again.

cheyler

I agree with most of what you said, the only point of disagreement being the latest line-up.  When Reeves first joined in 2012, and continuing through 2013 and 2014, I thought his guitar tone / sound was totally out-of-place within The Cure.  However the decision was reached, either by fans' posts or e-mails, or maybe the band realized that Reeves just sounded a little out-of-place, however it happened, the rehearsals for the 2016 world tour finally got Reeves fully integrated into The Cure.  It was just one big happy surprise to me, and now I truly believe they're on the right road, going in the right direction.  A little less than two weeks now, can't wait to find out who's gonna be there and in what combinations and which songs they play.  I've never looked forward to a show more, especially a show I can't make, than I am looking forward to this one!

g_erman

I haven't seen the band lately so I cannot say. Gabrels wasn't fitting in the band at the beginning. Dunno later. Pearl is unique in al senses. I wish they could play with five diff. line-ups at the festival hall: Demps/Lol/Rob, Simon/Lol/Rob, Andy/Phil/Pearl/Lol/Rob, Boris/Pearl/Lol/Simon/Rob and Jason/Pearl/Simon/Rob. But that's only in my dream.