2018.06.24 London, Royal Festival Hall 'Meltdown Festival'

Started by dsanchez, April 10, 2018, 14:38:11

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Quote from: g_erman on June 10, 2018, 18:56:57
Now I'm scared of missing it.

The same feeling grows inside of me because it's almost clear that none of the ex-members
will appear at BST 2018 (and I said the latter is going to be the major event!?!). I really wonder
if anyone from Curefans has got a ticket for MeltDown. No reply to date...
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Quote from: MeltingMan on June 12, 2018, 09:57:41
it's almost clear that none of the ex-members will appear at BST 2018

what makes you think that? Hope is the last thing to lose... ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Well I have no idea what's planned and who'll be there or not...
My guess is that CURÆTION-25 will be a special "one-off" with some "friends" (not necessarily ever members of The Cure), while Hyde Park will be more like a "normal" Cure show (each "only" 2 hours though).

For all those who are lucky enough to be able to go (to either show) I hope they will just enjoy the moment, no matter who is there or not.  :cool
For all others: we can look forward to lots of moaning on the net, as soon as the show is over.  :D
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on June 12, 2018, 10:33:08
what makes you think that? Hope is the last thing to lose... ;)

The fact that so many other artists and bands already accepted their invitation for MeltDown,
but it's not clear if and how many ex-members accepted theirs. It's still nebulous.

Quote from: Ulrichwe can look forward to lots of moaning on the net, as soon as the show is over.

:)  :smth023
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

cheyler

I'd love to see those line-ups too, I'll bet we do get to see at least two of your suggestions!  I hope Perry is there too, he spent 20 years of his life in The Cure, on the crew, as a tech and as a full member of the band.

g_erman

Robert was saying that RFH will be doom and gloom. Not a word about line-up/s. But that line on the third paragraph of the Guardian interview talked about "ex-band members" performing. And I guess (and hope) the writer had first hand and good info to say that.

piggymirror

Quote from: Ulrich on June 12, 2018, 12:24:33
Well I have no idea what's planned and who'll be there or not...
My guess is that CURÆTION-25 will be a special "one-off" with some "friends" (not necessarily ever members of The Cure), while Hyde Park will be more like a "normal" Cure show (each "only" 2 hours though).

Glove?

Ulrich

Quote from: piggymirror on June 15, 2018, 07:51:37
Glove?

No, I thought in terms of "members of bands who play at Meltdown".
As g_erman pointed out, The Guardian article speaks of:
QuoteSmith will close the event under the name Cureation 25 – which promises a lineup of previous bandmates and more
We'll have to wait and see...

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on June 15, 2018, 09:45:34
Quote from: piggymirror on June 15, 2018, 07:51:37
Glove?
No, I thought in terms of "members of bands who play at Meltdown".
As g_erman pointed out, The Guardian article speaks of:
QuoteSmith will close the event under the name Cureation 25 – which promises a lineup of previous bandmates and more
We'll have to wait and see...

It would be very disappointing to see those members only at Meltdown, and not Hyde Park :(
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

cheyler

Almost anything is possible, I suppose.  Six days left until we find out!

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on June 17, 2018, 22:24:19
It would be very disappointing to see those members only at Meltdown, and not Hyde Park

As I posted back in December 2017 already:
"I get the feeling that expectations will be high for some, which will possibly only lead to disappointments".

piggymirror

Quote from: Ulrich on June 18, 2018, 10:35:39
It would be very disappointing to see those members only at Meltdown, and not Hyde Park

"I get the feeling that expectations will be high for some, which will possibly only lead to disappointments".

Or are they? Martin McCarrick played with Kristin Hersh. And Martin McCarrick's pure Glove. Uh-oh.

Do track Severin, Pearl, Andy, Jeannette Landray, Gini Ball, Anne Stephenson AT ONCE.

Ulrich

I do not "rule out" The Glove members. It's just that with above comment I'd meant "friends" from his favourite bands who do play at Meltdown (and thus possibly are still in town).  :cool

Quote from: piggymirror on June 22, 2018, 15:00:42
Martin McCarrick played with Kristin Hersh.

The question would be: was McCarrick playing with Kristin Hersh at her Meltdown show last night?

Edit: yes, he did!
http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4151875-kristin-hersh-meltdown
Quote... a no-frills performance; just her voice, her guitar, and later, the rich addition of Martin McCarrick's cello. But from the first note to the last, no one is left wanting.
:smth023

piggymirror

Quote from: piggymirror on June 22, 2018, 15:00:42
Quote from: Ulrich on June 18, 2018, 10:35:39

Or are they? Martin McCarrick played with Kristin Hersh. And Martin McCarrick's pure Glove. Uh-oh.

Do track Severin, Pearl, Andy, Jeannette Landray, Gini Ball, Anne Stephenson AT ONCE.

ATTENTION: Martin McCarrick (&wife?) could ALSO be playing(/has already played?) with Kodama at Meltdown.

cheyler

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Lol, Pearl and Perry will be there in one capacity or another.