The Only One + Ny Trip officially confirmed.

Started by [labyrinth], April 25, 2008, 12:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

btw strangely in some stores they insisted to me that the release date is may 21st, not 13th, and that's why they didn't have it yet.

i thought i was living in europe but maybe i'm in the US after all...(?)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

sues777

Quote from: scatcat on May 16, 2008, 15:39:14
.. :(  I have still yet to hear from JB HIFI here, and also javier's contact in Brissy... )  Hopefully by next week it will hit our shores.. anyone else from OZ got it yet?

I received an email from Red Eye on Fri - my copy's been dispatched, so it should be in my hot little hands by Mon or Tues  :-D.  According the the Red Eye website, they had the locally released version and UK and German imports in store last week. I'm therefore assuming the bigger chains have them available in store too?  Hmm, may give pre-ordering Freakshow a miss and just pop in to the store on 13th June...seems quicker than waiting for it to arrive by mail.

Quote from: Plainsong on May 16, 2008, 01:48:07
I'm really liking NY Trip! I can see how some have compared it to Wendy Time...and I mean that in a nice way (I'm not one of those Wendy Time haters).
Robert's vocals sound so much better than they did on the self-titled.

Complete agree Plainsong!!  NY Trip is GREAT - I LOVE IT!!  Robert's voice is in top form and the playing is sensational!  As nausearockpig said, this album's gonna kick arse!! Can't wait!!

The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

nausearockpig

Quote from: scatcat on May 16, 2008, 15:39:14
.. :(  I have still yet to hear from JB HIFI here, and also javier's contact in Brissy... )  Hopefully by next week it will hit our shores.. anyone else from OZ got it yet?

TIA   :?
ditto here. Paul said that he's been charged for them but is yet to receive them... grrr.... as soon as I know, you will..
luckily itunes gives us shitty lossy versions....

melly

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 17, 2008, 21:56:06
btw strangely in some stores they insisted to me that the release date is may 21st, not 13th, and that's why they didn't have it yet.

i thought i was living in europe but maybe i'm in the US after all...(?)

take a quick look at thecure.com.  there are posts from Robert...explains the delay, thanks to Universal!! Don't know how to supply a link, sorry...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

[labyrinth]

Quote from: melly on May 18, 2008, 11:59:57
take a quick look at thecure.com.  there are posts from Robert...explains the delay, thanks to Universal!! Don't know how to supply a link, sorry...

it's also here :

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5043.0.html

japanesebaby

yes i had seen that. i had just understood that the single was supposed to be out in europe on may 13th and it was delayed (because of mighty universal) elsewhere, like in the states. i guess i got it wrong. i just don't get it why some other european countries have it available but we here don't (...racism... :roll:).

[labyrinth]

jb,
here in my city it was out on last friday (just in a few copies, 6 in a store, 15 in another store...that's very weird)
something makes me think "the mighty Universal" was not happy with this thing.
another one told me that they had it, but they couldn't sell until may 24th, i asked why and they let me see the note on their computer saying the it was supposed to be out on 24th May.

don't know what's wrong with this single, we're almost buying it when Freakshow is out.

japanesebaby

Quote from: [labyrinth] on May 18, 2008, 13:49:29
don't know what's wrong with this single, we're almost buying it when Freakshow is out.

you're right. but let's look at the bright side of it: we'll be lucky to have something to choose from then, whereas everyone else will have no choice but to spend their money on that poor freak thing. :lol:

melly

Quote from: [labyrinth] on May 18, 2008, 12:34:07
Quote from: melly on May 18, 2008, 11:59:57

it's also here :

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5043.0.html

ok...sorry about that...I haven't been on line for a couple of weeks, and only have a few minutes to spare at the moment..I obviously didn't see the above post...
jus' trying to help!!  ;)
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

[labyrinth]

no problem melly  ;)
thanks for helping anyway!

:-D

---------

to jb:
haha,
you're right...
but you know,i'm quite hopeful for the studio version of "Freakshow" , their first performances of it were awful, but it grows in every show (just a little bit, i have to admit, but it's better than the first shows).

;)

kissingcrimson

Today I received a copy of the 7" and Cd single. I'm Very pleased...when i held both
I was so excited (ouh and the nice new vinyl smell  8)) haha....cases and sleeve cards! perfect.

I put 'The only one' up really loud, it's fun song to dance around and sing to.
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

[labyrinth]

also on hmv.co.uk the cd version of the single is sold-out right now.

nevyn

did you check it, or you have seen my comment on COF? :D

[labyrinth]

no,
i've bought the 7'' version a few minutes ago and noticed it.
;)

nevyn

it is great to see The Cure single as second best selling single...