All I have to do is kill her

Started by the_xplodingboy, August 20, 2006, 08:46:02

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: revolt on July 21, 2008, 12:22:52
Quote from: Lostflowerboy on July 19, 2008, 08:55:32
Actually all live improvisations that share the same chord structure as All mine/All I have to... are unnamed (and should me named "Untitled" therefore),

All you have to do is change that title, actually, as there is already a 1989 Cure song called 'Untitled'...

i think Lostflowerboy just means that trying to label all these versions under one title is misleading as long as the title is being derived from the lyrics - because the lyrics change all the time... (which makes you think why do people have to try deriving the name from the lyrics anyway? it's pretty clear that in this case it's futile and only causes these endless discussion of "what should we call this version or that version?". it makes us focus on what sort of name tags we should put to this or that song, whereas we could just as well forget the name and talk about the music/the individual performance of the "song" in question.... anyway.)

anyway, IF this "song" really has to get it's name from the lyrics, then "untitled" would be the only correct choice, i agree. and so the fact that there already is a well-known cure song by that name is just bad luck, in that respect...
but still, it would be a correct name, in a way.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Bloodflower

*Shrugs* It's All Mine; doesn't really matter if that title is derived from one specific performance and shouldn't have been applied to all versions. That's how it is now; all versions are called All Mine, except for especially notable performances, namely All I Have To Do Is Kill Her. That Robert himself titles it All Mine just sort of ends anything resembling debate.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.