let's hate Robinson!

Started by harrold, October 25, 2005, 21:55:47

Previous topic - Next topic

harrold

Unfortunately I cannot speak or read Spanish but somehow I got to Argentinian forum of the Cure fans which is here http://forocure.com.ar/ and it is very cool!!!
I don't know a Spanish word but it was funny and good to realize that Robinson is not a loved guy by the fans... If you are a member of the Argentinian forum beyond 500 posts your status is Lol Tolhurst. If you have more than 200 posts, if I remember well, you are an easycure.
BUT! If you have less than 100 posts you're just a simple ross robinson!!!  :-D  :-D  :-D  haha, very cool!!

Hey, fans, I don't know whether there was a topic about RR or not but let's speak about him. Anyway, I wouldn't thought that his importance is so large that we should speak about him... :?

I REALLY DO HOPE THAT HE HE'LL BE AS FAR FROM THE BAND DURING THEY MAKE THE NEW RECORD AS IT IS POSSIBLE, IN THE OPPOSITE CORNER OF THE MILKY WAY!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
"...the kiss is dry and it's not the same you... "

splitmilk34

Everyone seems to hate RR, but I give him credit for revitalizing Robert's passion for making NEW music.  Honestly, we could all be here just waiting for the Re-Releases, with no hope of a new album, and certainly no "The Cure" from 2004.  And while we're on it, that album wasn't half as bad as everyone wants it to be.  I understand the gripes with the production, and vocals being WAY up front, but it still was a solid effort and produced some classic tracks (The Promise, Going Nowhere, Lost, etc).  I think this new album, if there really is one, will be controlled, written and produced by Robert.  RR's label will put it out, but he won't be in the control room... AND one more thing, Ross Robinson wasn't close to being as devastating to the band as Lol Tolhurst, Andy Anderson, and (recently) Roger O'Donnell were.
"... sleeping less every night"

ron

I agree wth spiltmilk34 on just about everything written.  I like a lot of The Cure album and was taken back with a lot of the negativeness surrounding it.  I'm looking forward to a new album and will welcome it with an open mind but I don't think I'll ever publicly bash it or anything they do.  Just remember that it's our favorite artist making an attempt to do something that they feel strongly about.  I'm not a musician but I know if I was, I couldn't do anything close to what they have done and are doing and I don't think anyone on this forum could either.  

These are just my thoughts/feelings-ron

harrold

Reagrding the new album I read the following ones some weeks ago on //www.beachofstone.com

Sep 07, 2005 - 4:52 PM - by Lane

"Now that the summer festival concerts have come and gone, news has now shifted towards the new album, which will be in production in the next coming months...A lucky fan who runs the website Hispacure got a chance to speak to Robert after the Benicassim show and he passed along some excellent info:

New album will be out next year (April 2006) with a world tour to follow

Robert will be producing the album himself....Ross Robinson will be involved, but won't be the one making the main decisions.

The greatest news is that there WILL be keyboards! Robert and Porl will be playing them...as far as deciding a new cure keyboardist, that is not happening any time soon.

It's time to save money now for tickets to shows next year! Yaaay!"

splitmilk34

I pray that they tour next summer.  I certainly would like to see Porl Thompson in action before its 2Late.
"... sleeping less every night"

harrold

Quote from: splitmilk34I pray that they tour next summer.  I certainly would like to see Porl Thompson in action before its 2Late.

He was cool this summer as the whole band was so energic and powerful this summer (I saw them in Szeged and Berlin!)  :)  I really do hope also that there'll be a real Cure tour as Robert said at every venue this summer!

japanesebaby

i agree with you, spiltmilk34 & ron.
i was also surprised about all the fan-base negativeness around "the cure", because when it came out it was really an almost shattering listening experience at least for me & it still remains so
i'm happy & proud that the cure haven't turned into some sort of dinosaurs (which unfortunately might already well have happened years ago - if it was some other band! now, look at u2 for example...)

(ps. harrold, berlin was great!  :smt082 )
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

minervobowie

f*ck off Ross Robinson

www.vanidadesonline.tk
With love...Minervo B.