What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 07, 2018, 13:09:08
Enjoy your sunny afternoon out and about :)

Well I did. On Saturday there was some garden work to do, but Sunday was also sunny and very nice to be outside!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

In my mind now is the first time I saw The Cure in Hamburg, back in 2002, long time since then... it feels like a lifetime.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: dsanchez on April 09, 2018, 10:08:58
In my mind now is the first time I saw The Cure in Hamburg, back in 2002, long time since then... it feels like a lifetime.

Once In A Lifetime, water flowing underground...

I'm thinking about Talk Talk my favorite band now.  :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ulrich

Typical - I am not online for a few hours and miss the big news about RS interview...  :roll:

chemicaloverload

I woke up this morning and instantly my brain started singing Home. I don't know if I was dreaming about the song or what, but it was a nice way to wake up, with a little song in my head  :)
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

chemicaloverload

Happened again, only this time it was the Spice Girls- Wannabe?!?!

Something is weird is happing in my brain....

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 17, 2018, 10:25:22
Something is weird is happing in my brain...

Kind of a "chemical overload" perhaps?  :lol:

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on April 17, 2018, 11:26:32
Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 17, 2018, 10:25:22
Something is weird is happing in my brain...

Kind of a "chemical overload" perhaps?  :lol:

Hahaha, most definitely   :P  ;)

word_on_a_wing

What's on my mind?  Umm... a time seven years ago when I was unravelling... I should have sat down with my journal to try process but instead began messaging someone (who I didn't actually know!) lengthy and insane rants...which I just now found and re-read ...geez, pretty weird (but could probably be legitimately considered an avant-garde art piece!) 
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

chemicaloverload

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on April 17, 2018, 16:04:34
What's on my mind?  Umm... a time seven years ago when I was unravelling... I should have sat down with my journal to try process but instead began messaging someone (who I didn't actually know!) lengthy and insane rants...which I just now found and re-read ...geez, pretty weird (but could probably be legitimately considered an avant-garde art piece!)

And did they respond?

I'm thinking about what R.E.M. poster to get in my room to replace the Rush poster I have up that I don't want anymore, so hard to choose which one but I have decided on 3 of which I will choose 1.  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 17, 2018, 17:10:38

And did they respond?

Yes ...but here's the odd thing (or should I say another odd thing!), we didn't speak the same language, so ... huh?  (Google translate was in frequent use!).  At times I wonder about the calber of the person I was talking with too, as he seemed to try steer it in sexual directions (would you call that subtle warning signs?) but I'd basically call out his shit and move it back to prolonged philosophical ranting again (regardless of whether he cared or replied).  Looking back I wonder if I just had stuff I had to say and there was something helpful about knowing it was heard?  ...Perhaps should have done this more suitably with a counsellor! Or at least someone who could Speak My Language!

chemicaloverload

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on April 17, 2018, 22:45:44
Quote from: chemicaloverload on April 17, 2018, 17:10:38

And did they respond?

Yes ...but here's the odd thing (or should I say another odd thing!), we didn't speak the same language, so ... huh?  (Google translate was in frequent use!).  At times I wonder about the calber of the person I was talking with too, as he seemed to try steer it in sexual directions (would you call that subtle warning signs?) but I'd basically call out his shit and move it back to prolonged philosophical ranting again (regardless of whether he cared or replied).  Looking back I wonder if I just had stuff I had to say and there was something helpful about knowing it was heard?  ...Perhaps should have done this more suitably with a counsellor! Or at least someone who could Speak My Language!

Hahaha rule 101 of unravelling- don't do it in a formal setting, or the men with white coats might take you away...

Maybe a bit of both? It helps to be heard and also just to say whatever was on your mind at the time. It's clearly done you some good in a sense that you're reflecting back on it.

Babblefish? It was the best and only back in the day for translating. Like you, I conversed with someone but they did speak English at least. We are still friends to this day, 16 years later. Many a late night we spent on msn messenger, helped us both :)

word_on_a_wing