Bringing request signs to shows

Started by Pooka, February 28, 2008, 01:38:54

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

You were at the SF after party too?  I only saw a glimpse of Robert behind that HUGE bouncer.  Carlos D. was hanging out in the main room for quite a bit between his DJ sets, just talking to the fans.  Pretty cool of him.  Was hoping some Cure members would do the same, but no.  Davey (from AFI) was there as well...wanting to be noticed.  :roll:

closedown

it worked before, we tried it with some people on the Dream tour + may it be just coincidence, but in Stuttgart we asked Perry if he could convince Robert to do the Faith encore set (All Cats/Drowning/Faith) and the next night in Munich they played it... same with a 'Cold' sign in Strasbourg 2000 - Roger saw it, looked at the setlist with a kind of 'sorry not on it' view + for the first encore came out + Robert said we discussed backstage what to play + they started 'Cold'... as said, all just coincidence  :-D

Janko

I THINK

BRING LOL BACK!

MAKES MORE SENSE THAN

PLEASE PLAY FROM THE EDGE OF THE DEEP GREEN SEA AGAIN!

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

closedown

Quote from: Janko on March 06, 2008, 15:29:57
I THINK

BRING LOL BACK!

you have my full support with that one, for sure... great idea!  :smth023

Janko

Quote from: closedown on March 06, 2008, 17:43:45

you have my full support with that one, for sure... great idea!  :smth023

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

maluflower

Quote from: Janko on March 06, 2008, 15:29:57
I THINK

BRING LOL BACK!

MAKES MORE SENSE THAN

PLEASE PLAY FROM THE EDGE OF THE DEEP GREEN SEA AGAIN!

I agree as well... that would be very interesting.  :-D

japanesebaby

i tried to hold that sign saying 'OTHER VOICES' in lisboa and was going to do the same in bercy. thanks to u-a-b-f for his hard work for being the one to hold up sign in bercy, as he was closer to the stage and more in the middle and so more in front of robert than me, so it was a good idea - or hmmm, maybe he just saw a possibility to make sure that HE would  star in the dvd that way haha ;). anyway. again, we didn't get the song... but as i grabbed some newspapers from the airport today, i noticed that hey at least we got some press coverage as one of the articles started like:

pendant tout le show de mercredi soir, à bercy, une pancarte brandie dans la fosse réclamait la chanson other voices.

(saying something like: throughout the show of Wednesday evening in bercy, a sign was held up in the pit requesting the song 'other voices'.)

;)

the sign was passed on to people going to antwerp... hopefully onwards from there too(?).
i'd just like to hear it played at least once more on this tour!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Pooka

Excellent effort Cure fans! Glad to see some of you doing this.

Now will some American fans please do one for the US leg that says

HOLY VOICES DROWN FAITH

or "FAITH" ENCORE

That should get the msg across...

Sussex

Awesome guys! :smth023

I feel very proud for this one..
"Thick As Shit"

Pooka

OK so what are the plans amongst fans for the USA leg of the 4Tour 2008 with regards to request signs?

We still on for HOLY VOICES DROWN FAITH or FAITH ENCORE as the signs?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Pooka on March 27, 2008, 22:41:18
OK so what are the plans amongst fans for the USA leg of the 4Tour 2008 with regards to request signs?

We still on for HOLY VOICES DROWN FAITH or FAITH ENCORE as the signs?

I have close seats for several shows in a row (Morrison through Vancouver, as well as San Diego) and plan on asking my neighbor (since I'll be busy and holding a sign could cause phasing issues) if they wouldn't mind holding up the legendary "Other Voices" sign.  I might even make a few more (FAITH ENCORE signs) and ask random people if they'd help the cause.       

Plainsong

We have front row for Atlanta. Maybe that would be a good place to try a sign...

crowbi_wan

Definitely!  A bit late in the tour for us West Coast guys, but great nonetheless.  Faith usually sounds better the more it gets played.  So why not get Robert ready for what should be a fantastic two nights in NYC?   

lostflower4

Why not a HANGING GARDEN sign too? Probably the best-sounding song with this lineup, yet criminally underplayed. :?

And I'll add that unless you're within the first 10 rows, I'm not sure a sign will do much good. It's well-known that Robert's vision is very poor.

So please volunteer if you have really good seats.  :smth100

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 28, 2008, 03:20:01
Why not a HANGING GARDEN sign too? Probably the best-sounding song with this lineup, yet criminally underplayed. :?

And I'll add that unless you're within the first 10 rows, I'm not sure a sign will do much good. It's well-known that Robert's vision is very poor.

So please volunteer if you have really good seats.  :smth100

Since I REALLY want to see them play The Hanging Garden as well, I do have another side to the OV sign  ;)  But really I should look into making some sort of three-way thing with Doing The Unstuck being number three.  :-D