Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

chemicaloverload

Quote from: MeltingMan on August 04, 2018, 20:00:54
An earlier post about a former girlfriend and I have to make a confession:
Yes, she was four when her father died and I can only imagine what happened
in between. I met her stepfather and his behavior was strange. It was horrible
in the end but somehow I survived it. Someone with knowledge told me that she's
unable to have a relationship. That was hard to face. Today I know that this liaison
was unhealthy. I'm saying that because no-one warned me of "damaged girls".
Watch out...

No one warns you because they aren't "damaged" to start with, someone "damaged" her. Don't hold it against her.
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Lots of people are unable to keep up a relationship (just look at numbers of divorces), for various reasons.

Which reminds me of this song/lyric (no idea how Hugo R. managed to write about me and my ex, but...):

http://www.lyricshall.com/lyrics/Hugo+Race+Fatalists/Lost+In+The+Material+World/
Life's too short to say goodbye
And leave the story here
I need a witness
Only you can make me real
I won't forget you
As you fade away
Into your future joy and sorrow
We couldn't finish what we started
We are damaged seeds
Scattered by the breeze
Numbers on a screen
Ghosts in the machine
And do you question this?
You've got to answer me
Does this mean anything to you girl?
Now you're lost in the material world...

The song, if anyone wants to take a listen:
https://soundcloud.com/glitterhouse/07-hugo-race-fatalists-lost-in-the-material-world
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: chemicaloverload on August 05, 2018, 14:18:55
No one warns you because they aren't "damaged" to start with,

I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't see the stepfather as the wrongdoer.
He acted very reserved and he were there when I didn't expect him. My subconsciousness
told me that something isn't right and I saw no other reason than to get in touch with her
again. Only then she completely freaked out. I found myself in a room with Medusa. Some
men can handle such a woman - I couldn't. It is one thing to reject someone's love and a
different thing to reject and trample on it. This is pathological.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

MeltingMan, even if you'd tell us the whole story, none of us will ever be able to understand 100% what really happened - maybe she thought your subconscious/intuition was totally wrong... maybe she's just crazy... who can know?

If you ever listened to music/lyrics, you have been warned. ;)
Examples: "Love Hurts" (Nazareth)
"Love can mend your life, but it can also break your heart" (The Police)
(Not to be taken 100% seriously, of course  :winking_tongue )

chemicaloverload

I'm with you Ulrich, no one can or will understand. What I mean MM is that no one in this world is damaged to begin with, people or experiences make them that way. How she's acted towards you, you're only seeing it from your perspective and quite rightly so, but to generalise her and all others as 'damaged girls', you can't, something has made her that way. I hope you can move on from her and heal also, perhaps eventually with time (and with Ulrichs musical suggestions ;) ) you'll come to understand what you currently don't about this specific girl. Experience serves you well for future days.

MeltingMan

I'm sorry for my private sh*t. Thanks to both of you. I'm "damaged" too and I'm surrounded
by "damaged" people. That's the truth and the truth is always subjective. We all have our "back-pack"
of private or life issues in general, but the major problem is that narcissism is so widely accepted by
the western civilization. That means roughly: no regret, no excuses, inability to love and pure egocentrism.
This is what I have once encountered with her. I needed help and I got it very soon. Other men were not
so privileged, and all those (young) men I had in mind when I pointed on her. OK...it's enough. Thanks.

chemicaloverload

Quote from: MeltingMan on August 07, 2018, 17:45:02
I'm sorry for my private sh*t. Thanks to both of you. I'm "damaged" too and I'm surrounded
by "damaged" people. That's the truth and the truth is always subjective. We all have our "back-pack"
of private or life issues in general, but the major problem is that narcissism is so widely accepted by
the western civilization. That means roughly: no regret, no excuses, inability to love and pure egocentrism.
This is what I have once encountered with her. I needed help and I got it very soon. Other men were not
so privileged, and all those (young) men I had in mind when I pointed on her. OK...it's enough. Thanks.

No, don't be sorry. Honesty of this degree is admirable. Narcissism, there is a fine line between it and self preservation, for which I'm all for. Preserve thyself is an unwritten rule that everyone should follow and that way, you won't lose yourself. From what you have encountered, don't let it spoil your outlook. If you are surrounded by emotional vampires who suck the very life force from you, find new people that wont  :)

Ulrich

by "damaged" people.

No problem, that's what this topic is here for too!

As Joey Ramone said in his song "Mr Punchy":
"everybody's screwed up in their own special way"!

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on August 07, 2018, 10:18:28
If you ever listened to music/lyrics, you have been warned. ;)
Examples: "Love Hurts" (Nazareth)
"Love can mend your life, but it can also break your heart" (The Police)

or the most known one, "Love Will Tear Us Apart" (again) ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

and I'm surrounded by "damaged" people

well...you gotta change that. get surrounded by people who make you a better person (personally, professionally) and keep distance of those who don't. life's already hard and having the wrong people around you will just make it harder.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Oh, I do David and I did it all the time. I had my neighbors in mind when I mentioned it.
Some of them died last year surprisingly and relatively young - others are depending from
alcohol and cigarettes and another one (a female) has been "damaged" by a stalking ex-friend.
Good people don't stay forever and letting go was the hardest lesson I must have learned. Family
and school don't teach that. I'm getting older now and if nobody "good" is around, I prefer to be
alone.

Ulrich

MM, I was just gonna say (in reply to dsanchez), that you might end up all alone on an island if you try that... ;)

Quote from: dsanchez on August 10, 2018, 19:47:06
well...you gotta change that. get surrounded by people who make you a better person (personally, professionally) and keep distance of those who don't. life's already hard and having the wrong people around you will just make it harder.

Well, as I said before, everybody's "damaged" in their own special way.
Of course most sane people will try to keep distance from those who don't treat them well. I try too.

On the other hand, if anyone close needs my help, I will try to help (and I suffered sometimes, e.g. when I borrowed stuff or money and didn't get it back). I don't really care if they "make me a better person" - in the end that's up to me and nobody else.

I remember years ago I knew someone who was always moaning that he had no money and was in debt. When he proudly told a story of how he "threw money out the window" (in my view), of course I reacted angrily. I did not write him out of my life though.
Thus, this guy is still a friend in a way, he now lives in Stuttgart and is in a wheelchair (health problems), but I do visit him from time to time.  :cool
And I think he knows he receives an honest response from me if he asks me anything...

MeltingMan

I must admit that my reply from 4 August was influenced by someone
who's "flooding" the yt-channel. Some videos are good and others, perhaps
75%, are cr*p. Meanwhile I found an indication that "she" lives or has lived
in Israel. This is at least something!

chemicaloverload

Why is it when you're supposed to be doing something, instead, you end up looking at weird things on google? I'm currently looking at the meibomian glands found within eye lids. Why?

I really don't know.

But those weird little dots on your eyelids- they are the meibomian glands. In case you ever want or need to know  XD

Try saying that drunk.  :lol:

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on August 30, 2018, 20:34:28
But those weird little dots on your eyelids- they are the meibomian glands. In case you ever want or need to know  XD

Try saying that drunk.  :lol:

:1f632: :1f629: :1f62d: :D
Post of the week.  ;)