all mine/forever

Started by crowbi_wan, October 03, 2005, 04:54:28

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

is there a difference between all mine and forever?

ron

No, just variations on the lyrics.
Check out
http://www.foreverdrowning.com/archive.php?tri=1&id=80//
for some lyric differences.

lostflower4

Not really... All Mine was basically the 1982 version.

crowbi_wan

that's what i thought.  i was just curious if forever was a name the fans gave it or what since all mine was the name on curiosity.

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wanis there a difference between all mine and forever?

You know, it had been a while since I listened to a "All Mine". It really isn't the same song as "Forever" at all. It's musically very different. The chord progression is similar, but it's really not the same. Compare the versions before 1982 and those after. They are very different.

There was a discussion earlier if "Three" was the same as "Forever". As I saw it, they are musically based on the same idea, but in 1980 there was a certain beat and sound that distinctly made it "Three".

After listening to several versions, including the "All I Have To Do Is Kill Her" rendition of "All Mine," I'm gonna say it's not the same as "Forever".
To me it's a competely different song now.

I'd urge everyone to compare for themselves.

crowbi_wan

well, i'm glad i sparked up a discussion.  i'm going to go back and compare as well.

curiosa

yeah caley is right!!

"all mine" has different chords than "forever". shame that they played "all mine" only on the 82-tour, it was a great encore (saw them live back than!!)

curiosa frank

bananafish17

The chord progressions are not the same. "Forever" & "Three" are both A - A# - A - G#. I'm pretty sure that "Forever" just came out of them screwing around with "Three" in the early 1980 concerts. "All Mine" is B - D - B - G (or something close, I haven't played it in a long time).
and all the other voices say,
change your mind, your always wrong...

crowbi_wan