Levinhurst: "Blue Star Over Europe" Dates 2010

Started by dsanchez, September 09, 2010, 18:46:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

OCTOBER: Tour Update:

Musix & Sonic Seducer presentLEVINHURST - "Blue Star Over Europe" Dates 2010www.levinhurst.com www.wod.de

14.10.2010 I-Florence, tba
15.10.2010 I-Bologna, Covo
16.10.2010 I-Milano, Tunnel
20.10.2010 D-Dortmund, FZW
21.10.2010 D-Siegen, Vortex Club
22.10.2010 D-Bremen, MS Treue

weitere Termine in Vorbereitung / more dates under construction

http://levinhurst.com
http://myspace.com/levinhurst
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Splintered in his head

Levinhurst in Dortmund, 20.10.2010

If anyone is interested, I've been to Dortmund with a friend yesterday to see Levinhurst. Only 25 people showed up to see them (29 were there to see the support act, hmm). They started rather late at around 22:30 and played as a five piece (there was an additional guitarist, who seemed to be the roadie as well).
I was surprised they played so many Cure songs. I can't give you the complete setlist as I am not too familiar with the Levinhurst songs, but I can tell you the Cure songs they played (order might be different):

1. Play for today
2. Another day
3. Subway song
4. Fire in Cairo
5. Accuracy
6. Boys don't cry
7. 10:15 Saturday night
8. Killing an Arab
9. Jumping someone Else's train
10. Grinding halt
11. Three imaginary boys

The show was nice, LolĀ“s drumming sounded like it used to be in the late 70ies. They played a Levinhurst song, the a Cure song, another Levinhurst song and so on. They played an encore with another 5 or 6 songs. After the show we had a 30 min talk with Lol, in between his wife and Michael showed up. Exept from us no one seemed to take notice from the band members except for a girl, who had her 10 imaginary years book signed. My friend's 3 imaginary boys record got signed by both Lol and Michael, so we now know that Michael is the lampstand, Lol the fridge, so Robert must be the hoover. Lol had some trouble finding out which picture on the cover belonged to which song but finally succeeded. Lol showed us some pictures from his life in California, especially from his 18 year old son playing guitar in a band. And he is still waiting on an answer from Robert about a faith 30th anniversary tour...

dsanchez

Thank you very much for sharing your review! Too bad not many people attended the show in a country where are so many Cure fans :(

Hope there will be more people at the show, tonight in Bremen!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

ericvonx

Hi we drove to Dortmund to see Levinhurst too - it was really a shame that only that small group of people turned up - still Levinhurst was great. I love them doing the old cure songs but even better are their current songs. I can strongly recommend their latest CD/download album Blue Star. Very atmospheric.
We had a lovely chat with Cindy and briefly Eric and Lol afterwards. I hope more people came to the other shows - the band Levinhurst is worth it!

Ulrich

I would show up, if they'd play anywhere closer to my home! (Anywhere between Stuttgart and Munich would be cool to me.) More promotion, please! (The only place I read about these gigs is this Forum here. Which is great, but not enough obviously.)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo