0 (0%)
The Promise
8 (19.5%)
Going Nowhere
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 40

revolt

Quote from: janettecured on June 18, 2008, 17:00:38
I was so proud of my son (Xavier) who was about 2 at the time of the albums release.

His constant insistance on me playing "I can't find myself" pleased me ever so much. :)

That´s pretty heavy stuff for a 2 year old kid, heh? :-D

And so, has he become a Cure fan or has he LOST the enthusiasm in the meantime?

andoocure

lucky child...I wish I had been introduced to the cure at an early age!
I want to keep this feeling
Deep inside of me
I want you always in my heart
You are everything

isamu

I've just recently listened to "The Cure" right after Bloodflowers yesterday. This was like my fourth time listening to the album and for the life of me, I simply can't get into it. It's easily Robert's worst effort IMO. Songs sound uninspired and generic. No catchy melodies or hooks. Hardly any synths and the guitar playing is so so. Songs just don't contain the passion found in earlier Cure albums. Going from BF to this is like night and day. Even WMS is miles better. 

Piggybacking on all that, I also find 4:13 rather lackluster, upon a second listen.

What are you guys' thoughts? Did Robert accurately predict he would "Lose the fire" when he wrote 39? Because unfortunately that appears to be the case  :(

SidneyCure

Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

Distortedkid23

I think when i got this album, i spent a week just listening to Lost on repeat before listening to the entire album...if that song was less goddamn rocking, i'd be tears everytime i hear that song

Violator

"Taking Off." Reminds me of the pop perfection of "Just Like Heaven," and it's the most upbeat song on the entire album

Szigi

01 Alt.End (In Your House-tribute, and i feel it somehow really honest. And we can jump for it in the concerts)
02 Labyrinth (interesting psychedelic sound, á la Like Cockatoos. The lyrics is also great. It saves me several songs from the album)
03 Fake (it isn't a B-side? surprisingly honest and self-doubt lyrics, quite dull music, but this is enough here to the 3th place :( )

MeltingMan

01 alt.end
02 Anniversary
03 Going Nowhere
04 Never
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Brigitte Saint-Pé

My fav of The Album THE CURE  : The Promise  Powerful song
Notice how none of the sentences resolve, how none of the notes he sing resolve, how the melodies, especially the bassline, never resolve, how the drums suspend touch the ground for less than a moment, and suspend again.... Everything is suspended awaiting resolution for ten minutes and fifteen seconds. Everything builds, but the climax never comes. his words come closer and closer to their full meaning, but the meaning never really comes, until you put it all together and realise that the joke is on you.

BiscuityBoyle

Lost and Labyrinth are two formidable songs, yet the final result is sadly compromised by Limp Shmizkit's production. So my vote goes to The End of The World, which works much better on the whole. A strong single!