how big the hair of robert smith and how many times a week he wash it?????

Started by FarFar, July 28, 2007, 03:42:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure Freak

Maybe,I should just go as Robert, as he is now. But that means,strappping a pillow on me. lol
But, also my hair is longer and i have no intention of cutting it.
FarFar : I don't know what brand he uses.

Carnage Visor

Here are my HALLOWEEN choices so far:

Robert Smith
Jason Voorhees (hockey mask killer...you know?)

I went as Smitty last year but I think I should have picked a more familiar look to obtain than his more obscure FAITH era style.

I've got to find some giant shoes, I already have big puffy socks, I need some kind of sweater, and I need to start using that gravity-defying hair-thickening shampoo.

I already figured out how to tease hair, but my hair is thin as Kate Moss and it will not stand up for long. Shame, shame. Robert, why can't I be you? ;)

Cure Freak

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 17, 2007, 00:36:31
Here are my HALLOWEEN choices so far:

Robert Smith
Jason Voorhees (hockey mask killer...you know?)

I went as Smitty last year but I think I should have picked a more familiar look to obtain than his more obscure FAITH era style.

I've got to find some giant shoes, I already have big puffy socks, I need some kind of sweater, and I need to start using that gravity-defying hair-thickening shampoo.

I already figured out how to tease hair, but my hair is thin as Kate Moss and it will not stand up for long. Shame, shame. Robert, why can't I be you? ;)

I went as Samara( The Ring chick), the year before last. I was, also, Gogo from Kill Bill, the year before that. Last year, I wnet as a victorian vampiress.
It's either Rob or Bette Page, this year.

ROGUE

Halloween's big in USA, A g'friend and i used to be the only ones in sight -dressing up and door knocking in Australia,
was great when we were 14-15yrs old.- people weren't prepared so they used to give us money, sweet cash  :smth023

I think Robert washes his hair everyday- or most because it never has that greezzy shimmer, shine to it, always looks
clean,
But god i love 'Live in Orange' when he takes off that wig, and rubs his head, and looked so good short too, yum cha  :P

Siouxsie_

Yes, hardly anyone in Australia celebrates Halloween. I for one embrace it, for it is the one day of the year when I can dress as I usually do and not be accused of practicing witchcraft. ;)

Cure Freak

Quote from: Siouxsie_ on September 17, 2007, 17:08:30
Yes, hardly anyone in Australia celebrates Halloween. I for one embrace it, for it is the one day of the year when I can dress as I usually do and not be accused of practicing witchcraft. ;)

I love it. I  love dressing up.

Carnage Visor

Quote from: Cure Freak on September 21, 2007, 23:18:55

I do too...
I used to dress up as a girl when I was younger...(for the record no, I am not gay)
Unfortunately at my age of 15, dressing up is socially awkward. Which is why HALLOWEEN is a great outing to let my inner psycho out and be whatever I want!

I still will not stop until I have that Robert hairdo secret...

japanesebaby

halloween seems to be very different here than over there. we have none of all this american "carnival halloween" (and no offense to americans but i'd personally say i'm very happy that we don't). halloween is either a day you don't really notice much at all (because nothing spectacular happens), or it's like it used to be, it used to be literally 'day of the dead'. this meant it was a very quiet, silent, literally hallow day. you didn't go out much but everyone kept to themselves. and you definitely didn't arrange any carnival/party stuff but on the contrary, kept quiet. then when the evening was approaching, you visited the graves of your family members and brougth a candle there. this tradition is still very much alive i think. if you go to a sematery on halloween everning it's pretty beautiful sight, they are full of candles.
i think the way to "celebrate" halloween as one of the most quiet and one of the holies of all days is a very long tradition. it actually goes all the way back to the pagan times, before christianity. the day of the dead at the end of october was one of the most important days in the pagan calendar. and even centuries of christianity couldn't really wipe away some of its power, i guess. they've tried to import the  "americanized halloween" here for years but it doesn't really root. and i think it's good because not everyone needs to have things the same way. i  suppose there's still some of that stubborn pagan mind alive here... because people in general refuse to accept this "new imported halloween" and want to stick to their old habits.

anyway, that's why i really can't relate to any of this american halloween stuff at all, it's just so totally opposite to what the day originally was supposed to stand for.

(ps. i'm considering splitting this topic into two, hair and halloween?)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

I think of it like x-mas, another excuse for the 'junk food makers' to fill the shops with cute coloured packages, to make kids sick and fat.
Just like easter = chocolate, now days. Iam not the religious type, but its just sickening all the advertising when you go into a supermarket
and see the kids screaming for the colourful cute package - of fat and sugar...   :smth078

and on-topic ~ Love Robert and his hair- always looks clean to me.  :shock: and god i look !!

Cure Freak

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 22, 2007, 00:20:09
Quote from: Cure Freak on September 21, 2007, 23:18:55

I do too...
I used to dress up as a girl when I was younger...(for the record no, I am not gay)
Unfortunately at my age of 15, dressing up is socially awkward. Which is why HALLOWEEN is a great outing to let my inner psycho out and be whatever I want!

I still will not stop until I have that Robert hairdo secret...

You do know Robert wore a dress, to school, when he was around your age. Got beat up for it though.
I agree. It's a night to let yourself go. To be whoevver you want and to be around others who do the same.

japanesebaby
I don't like the explotation of the holiday, myself.  It's ashame, it has gotten that way. It's the same with Easter and Christmas.
I love  how your country celebrates the holiday. Very thoughtful and meaningful.
As like the Wicca celebrate Samhain. Which is on October 31st, also. It is  a celebration of death and of the dead, and it often involves paying respect to ancestors, family members, elders of the faith, friends, pets and other loved ones who have died.

Carnage Visor

HALLOWEEN was never about the candy for me...then again I have an eating disorder...

I hate how kids, all they care about is the candy. Here's what I have to say:

"KIDS! CHERISH your youth and celebrate the costumed-fun you can have! Because when you become a teenager, all that is washed down the drain! Candy never goes away, but the ability to dress up and run around like fools DOES!"

Usually when I give that speech, the kids are on the other side of the block before I finish... :P

ROGUE

I know....... And the parents wonder why they get so hyper...

But i love to play still.. Been seriously considering buying a barbie doll recently, But my possum would kill it,
I miss dressing up dolls, and making clothes for them, little dresses sometimes held together with glue, sometimes sewn.

japanesebaby

Quote from: ROGUE on September 23, 2007, 10:37:19
Been seriously considering buying a barbie doll recently, But my possum would kill it,

hahaha death to barbie dolls, go possum go !  :twisted:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

Yeh, hate what Barbies represent,

I bought one of those goth dolls, cant remember what they are called, but they have blood down their face, or vampire teeth, and they come in a box that is the shape of a coffin, :twisted:
cant remember what they are called, ...? made in USA., 'death dolls' ? ....one had an eye ball hanging out, ~ I got mine in its coffin still (didnt wanna take it out of box), but cant find it.....
at the moment, My friend couldnt believe i wanted to buy it.

I would actually love to pre-buy my coffin, and keep it as a coffee table- But iam not really goth- Just find the inevidible death comforting, Nothing lasts forever........
Like they say in 'Fight Club' even the mona lisa is falling apart.....

sorry off topic^

But god i do love Roberts hair and noticed on Cure Freaks pic of Robert, that he has a thick white thing (tied at the side) around his hair, to keep it up- before a show is what i was thinking :rocker