What made you feel sad today?

Started by scatcat, November 16, 2007, 15:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero

Cure Freak I'm glad your back! I hope you feel better soon :smth023

Sending hugs and best wishes (and smiles!  :-D)

Cure Freak

thank you so much robiola, Lady and Hero.
hugs and kisses back.

:smth056 :smth058

silversand

I'm sorry that you don't feel well Cure Freak. Hope you will get well very soon  :)

I've got sad news today. My mother told me that my aunt past away this morning.
She had MS for over 30 years and was 72 years old. She feel asleep peacefully. My parents will go to the funeral next saturday, when i will be in Chicago. But i will visit her grave with my parents and say goodbye to her. I miss her very much, even if i haven't seen her for a very long time.

sues777

I'm very sorry to hear your aunt has passed away silversand.  Hang in there  :smth059
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

scatcat

Quote from: silversand on May 11, 2008, 15:36:56
She had MS for over 30 years and was 72 years old. She feel asleep peacefully. My parents will go to the funeral next saturday, when i will be in Chicago. But i will visit her grave with my parents and say goodbye to her. I miss her very much, even if i haven't seen her for a very long time.

sorry to hear silversand..  72 years old is still a great age to live,  :smth059

My dad died before he was 40 years old.. with 4 kids!..
i hope to pass on the fact that you had many years longer than what I had... and much more memories .. my heart is there , out for you, D

hey, all i wish for is to go peacefully too.. how beautiful , and painless.
There are always regrets- our lives are too busy.. but OMG.. my neices and nephews are having children of their own now.. I am a Great Aunt.. ( The Greatest- Aunt I say!!)..

do not despair that you have not seen her for awhile.. the soul is not there... it has taken flight now..and no doubt watching out for you!
all that remains is the earthly body. Your Aunt is not there honey, but in your heart.
..and the memories that you hold ..

with love   :smth049 .. to u.. silversand..  :smth051

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

on a personal note here.. what has made me a little sad today ( besides siversand's personal loss  :cry:)
.. is that over the last 12 months i have 'given' quite a substantial amount of money to help out my best friend.
It adds up to quite a few thousand dollars.  :oops:
I have given this money in 'good faith' , to help out, but the requests of financial assistance keep coming in. as recently as yesterday.
It is someone I have known for almost 20 years.. my only 'best' friend.

I have to support my son on my own. My friend knows I am generous..  :!:
THIS IS A FAULT, i KNOW. i ALSO KNOW i WILL NEVER BE REPAID.

I am torn apart, because I cannot any longer lend/give out money .. I need it to survive myself.. the money I have  shared, I could've put a down payment on a house.. I could've  flown to Europe to see Our Band, or USA for that matter, or kept for my son for college. I know I will never see this money again.
(please.. NO requests for money here.. okay!!)  :roll:

I really don't know what to do.. i have been feeling pretty bad about not answering an sms.. yes.. an sms for financial help, sounds lame..   :?

Do I call the mother ( i have known for 20 years also) to advise & let her know how bad the situation is .. at the risk of betraying my bestest friend.. ..
or.. is this friend if mine.. a leech, only needing me when she needs financial assistance.?
Any advice or input would save me ...  :smth100
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

silversand

Thank you so much sues777 for your kind words.

scatcat: Thank you so much for your kind words.
I have good memories to her when i visited my grandmother with my parents or we visited her in Vienna (where she lived).
She was a great person, who never kept her chin up.
She will be always in my heart.

No, i'm not despair that i haven't seen her for a very long time, but i regret it very much. It reminds me a little bit of the song "cut here".

with :smth049 back to you scatcat

PS: Yes, i'm totally sure you're a great aunt!!  :)

silversand

I'm soooo sorry what happend to you. To turn around very cent to survive and not get the money back you've lend your friend is very hard. You need all the money for you and your son. Hope you aren't in financial trouble because of that. That would be sad.

Maybe it's better not to lend money to a friend, even if it's the best friend.
If i have understand it right.

Thanks for the advice scatcat :)

A big  :smth008 :smth008 to you scatcat

scatcat

Quote from: silversand on May 12, 2008, 20:12:39
I'm soooo sorry what happend to you. To turn around very cent to survive and not get the money back you've lend your friend is very hard. You need all the money for you and your son. Hope you aren't in financial trouble because of that. That would be sad.

Maybe it's better not to lend money to a friend, even if it's the best friend.
If i have understand it right.

Thanks for the advice scatcat :)

A big  :smth008 :smth008 to you scatcat

thanks D : My son says "it's enough mum".. ( he is too generous himself..) but he knows i would do anything to help a friend.
I am crying now, at the fact I have to turn my back on a friend-in-need. I have done all I can. All I have is a one-sided friendship ( been there before...) where I put this friend before myself and my own financial/emotional needs.. and ended up with nothing.
The question is: is there a financial price for friendship, or am really been taken advantage of? This friend I would give my right-arm for.. but it seems I don't exist or participate in her life other than handing out dosh.!?

It is not the first time I have MIS-CALCULATED the scales in a balanced friendship.. and been devastated at the loss of my time and effort. This time it is financial.

OKAY:  I should just put up a sign that says: " I am an idiot, take advantage of me as you will, because I have no-one to trust"  :smth011
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Hero

Scatcat - You've helped your friend as much as you can that doesn't mean you have turned your back on them. If they are a true friend they will realise that you need your money for you and your son. I think its a very difficult situation, i know someone with the same problem giving a friend thousands of pounds and having to say no more but i think they are still friends?
Sometimes you have to put yourself first.

Silversand - I'm so sorry for you loss. I hope your aunt is at peace, i know MS can be awful my mum has it. If you regret not seeing her, try talking to her in your head, it sounds crazy but i did when something similar happened to me and it really helped. Also i read a book which said after people die their spirit returns to their family so they can listen to what they say. It just an idea...
My thoughts are with you  :smth051

silversand

Scatcat: you're welcome L. :)
You're a really nice person and you have a big heart. But that she draw on your generosity, that is sad. I don't like persons who short-change someone, i think that's unfair. A :smth008 to you

Hero: Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope i can visite her grave this year, that i can say goodbye to her.
I'm sorry that your mum has MS. Hope she is fine.

Cure Freak

Quote from: silversand on May 11, 2008, 15:36:56
I'm sorry that you don't feel well Cure Freak. Hope you will get well very soon  :)

thank you hon and so sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest sympathies for you and your family.

scatcat~ so sorry to hear about your misfortune.

silversand

You're welcome Cure Freak :)

Thank you so much Cure Freak for your kind words.

Hero

I feel so bad right now. I feel like such a bad, mean person. I made my friend cry because i can't  do what he wanted because im moving away in 6 weeks and i didnt want to lie to him. He just broke down and cried and its all my fault. I'm not explaining this well but i feel so sad because i hurt him  :smth022

silversand

Oh, dear Hero don't feel sad.
It is always hard for both sides, when you are moving to another place.
The person who will be left by you is sad and you also.
I'm sorry that you both are sad :(
Hope it came out right what i wanted to say.

A big  :smth056 :smth056 :smth056 to you Hero