2011.11.21 Los Angeles - Pantages Theatre (USA)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2011, 21:39:15

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Videos

(To navigate through the videos, click on "Videos in this Playlist")

Photos

Soundspike / Terra / Consequence of Sound

Reviews

Terra (in Spanish) / El Golfo (in Spanish) /

Setlist

1st set: 10:15 Saturday Night, Accuracy, Grinding Halt, An,other Day, Object, Subway Song, Foxy Lady, Meathook, So What, Fire In Cairo, It's Not You, Three Imaginary Boys,The Weedy Burton

2nd set (with Roger O'Donnell): A Reflection, Play For Today, Secrets, In Your House, Three, The Final Sound, A Forest, M, At Night, Seventeen Seconds

3rd set (with Roger and Lol Tolhurst): The Holy Hour, Primary, Other Voices, All Cats Are Grey, The Funeral Party, Doubt, The Drowning Man, Faith

1st encore: World War, I'm Cold, Plastic Passion, Boys Don't Cry, Killing An Arab (yes, once again, ARAB!), Jumping Someone Else's Train, Another Journey By Train

2nd encore: Descent, Splintered In Her Head, Charlotte Sometimes, The Hanging Garden

3rd encore: Let's Go To Bed, The Walk, The Lovecats

Fan meetups for Reflections Los Angeles (Souce: COF)

Nov. 21-23 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm nightly
Blue Palms Brewhouse
6124 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA
Facebook links - Nov. 21st, 22nd, 23rd

The Cure
'Reflections'
The Pantages Theatre
November 21 - 23, 2011

Tickets on sale this Monday 31st October at 10am local time (from $65 to $105)
Click for detailed map

Buy tickets
Two tickets per person maximum.
http://www.broadwayla.org/production/show.info.asp?ID=69
http://www.ticketmaster.com/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Lol some minutes ago: "The sun is out. Tonight the first of three shows in Pantages and my son turns 20. Such a perfect day! I feel truly blessed to be here"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

gabriela

dsanchez

Famous people in yesterday's gig: No Doubt and NIN.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tdcrjeff

Quote from: dsanchez on November 22, 2011, 10:59:44
Famous people in yesterday's gig: No Doubt and NIN.
I was sitting near actress Kate Walsh ("Private Practice"), actor Eric Szmanda ("C.S.I.") and Dita Von Teese.

tdcrjeff

dsanchez

Quote from: tdcrjeff on November 22, 2011, 17:04:38
Teaser from my recording.....

thanks for sharing! just curious, what equipment did you use? and how was the concert in your opinion?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tdcrjeff

Quote from: dsanchez on November 22, 2011, 17:13:29
Quote from: tdcrjeff on November 22, 2011, 17:04:38
Teaser from my recording.....

thanks for sharing! just curious, what equipment did you use? and how was the concert in your opinion?
DPA4061 (Core Sound "High End Binaurals") -> Edirol R-09

Concert was great, though lacked much spontaneity, but that is to be expected for a show like this. It was cool seeing Lol up there but he sure didn't contribute much. Without knowing exactly who was doing what on the keyboards, the only song I thought he added something positive on was Doubt. And the added percussion (cymbals mostly) on songs like Other Voices and Faith was a negative. Robert seemed in a good mood, and Simon, well Simon is just the coolest dude ever to strap on a bass. Robert played the white Bass VI* though all of Seventeen Seconds, not sure I've ever realized that all those songs were Bass VI songs. A couple of the highlights for me were Another Day and Doubt.

(note - I haven't really read reviews of the other "Refections" shows)

*actually I'm confused by this guitar. It looked like a Jazzmaster but sounded like a Bass VI. Maybe a Jazzmaster strung with low strings? I'm not very familiar with Robert's instruments. (or I apparently imagined it all and it's just a normal Jazzmaster :-)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tof

Tof

Matti

Quote from: tdcrjeff on November 22, 2011, 21:52:28
*actually I'm confused by this guitar. It looked like a Jazzmaster but sounded like a Bass VI. Maybe a Jazzmaster strung with low strings? I'm not very familiar with Robert's instruments. (or I apparently imagined it all and it's just a normal Jazzmaster :-)

Actually, it's quite easy if you know the specs:
- two large P90 pickups: Jazzmaster
- three standard format single coil pickups and a longer neck: Bass VI
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

The Loudest Cure

The further we go And older we grow The more we know The less we show.