Signal To Noise

Started by Bloodflower, January 04, 2007, 01:01:00

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion of Signal To Noise (applies to acoustic, electric, and all live versions)?

I think it's great.
10 (66.7%)
It's okay....
3 (20%)
It's awful.
0 (0%)
I love it because Porl loves it. Porl is never wrong. Ever.
1 (6.7%)
At least it's not Just Say Yes!
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Bloodflower

I love Signal To Noise -- I prefer the acoustic version above all others, but I think it's a great song on all accounts. And I'm really pleased that Porl likes it.

What's your take?
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

japanesebaby

not my cup of tea really. not a bad song but for mea generally uninteresting cure track after all. i might prefer the acoustic version a bit more but i hardly ever listen to it at all so maybe not. and it doesn't turn out into anything extremely special live either like some tracks that might be a bit dull as studio versions.
if they really wanted to do some rare tracks in the summer tour 05 i think they could have very well chose something else, and at least i was kind of surprised they kept playing this one. although porl's weird affections for it explains it then i suppose.
anyway i was even more surprised that they still chose fit to keep in in the set list at RAH too. i honestly wouldn't have minded to hear... let's say 'a short term effect' or 'jumping somone else's train' instead.

QuoteI love it because Porl loves it. Porl is never wrong. Ever.

hehe that would make some great and unmissable must-have merchandise, don't you think?  :smth044

yes i think i want a t-shirt saying "porl is never wrong. ever."
it would go so nicely with my badge here:

(and @cult_hero, just in case...: no i did not vote for this option. and the badge is a stock photo from ebay... ;))
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Bloodflower

Must... make... t-shirts... hats... pins... shoes... trousers... pants... with "Porl is never wrong. Ever."

Plainsong

I think the lyrics of this song made it fit the 2005 shows (right after the lineup change) well..."You even don't get me anymore/I wonder if you ever really did...". Before I knew that Porl liked it I assumed that was why it made the setlists for those shows.

Descent

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 04, 2007, 01:52:53

I know somebody who wears that badge. Always makes me laugh when I see her. :-D

Dillinger

its ok. whats wrong with just say yes though? i think its the better track

Bloodflower

Just Say Yes just really doesn't do anything for me at all. I think it's likely the worst Cure album track since 1987 (Hey You!!! -- though Wendy Time gives it a run for its money).

japanesebaby

Quote from: Bloodflower on January 04, 2007, 04:38:37
Must... make... t-shirts... hats... pins... shoes... trousers... pants... with "Porl is never wrong. Ever."

yes, please do!  8)

Quote from: Descent on January 04, 2007, 05:05:48
Quote from: japanesebaby on January 04, 2007, 01:52:53

I know somebody who wears that badge. Always makes me laugh when I see her. :-D

hehe  :-D

i think the most confusing thing is the massive number of all these awesome godlike people out there. 
i mean, just a basic search on ebay and...: :shock:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=badge+is+god&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

wow.
i think i want them all...
or maybe not the one saying 'andrew ridgeley is god.' or pete doherty. maybe not those ones.
but the david hasselhoff badge, definitely !  :-D

bluewater

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 06, 2007, 02:55:28

wow.
i think i want them all...
or maybe not the one saying 'andrew ridgeley is god.' or pete doherty. maybe not those ones.
but the david hasselhoff badge, definitely !  :-D

I have proved elsewhere on this forum that John Cage is god, for all interested
in this proof search the technical department case "lossless vs mp3". And all those
other badges just verify the conclusion.

-bluewater
Life's too short to listen to lossy music

japanesebaby

Quote from: bluewater on January 06, 2007, 15:02:25
I have proved elsewhere on this forum that John Cage is god

eh yes well i don't want to sound rude or anything and i'm sure mr. cage would make a very decent god too and so on and so on - but anyway, are you completely sure of this? i mean, despite all the other obvious evidence i just cannot find a badge for him...:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=john+cage+is+god&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

= i'm just so confused now.... :smth017

bluewater

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 06, 2007, 17:40:52
Quote from: bluewater on January 06, 2007, 15:02:25
I have proved elsewhere on this forum that John Cage is god

eh yes well i don't want to sound rude or anything and i'm sure mr. cage would make a very decent god too and so on and so on - but anyway, are you completely sure of this? i mean, despite all the other obvious evidence i just cannot find a badge for him...:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=john+cage+is+god&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

= i'm just so confused now.... :smth017

oh dear. there´s no "god is god" badge either. This only goes to show that
ebay is an evil place. (weren´t even cure bootlegs sometimes sold there?)

-bluewater

japanesebaby

Quote from: bluewater on January 06, 2007, 23:37:50
oh dear. there´s no "god is god" badge either.

i'm ever more confused now.

This only goes to show that ebay is an evil place. (weren´t even cure bootlegs sometimes sold there?)

yes. and i confess i might have even bought a few back in the old old days...
i must be doomed.
i sold my soul.

"...i wish i knew how to undo..."

bluewater

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 07, 2007, 02:16:27
oh dear. there´s no "god is god" badge either.

i'm ever more confused now.

This only goes to show that ebay is an evil place. (weren´t even cure bootlegs sometimes sold there?)

yes. and i confess i might have even bought a few back in the old old days...
i must be doomed.
i sold my soul.

"...i wish i knew how to undo..."

As you see i have this fascination of testing how much sarcasm is needed to
solve this personal paradox (of being a curefan). So in a way the "robert is god" is my favourite. I guess this has something to do with Porl or the topic but i don´t know what
is the relation.
Umm.. signal to noise is one of the b sides not the best and not the worse.  :rocker

-bluewater

tram71

I think it's really good - Signal to Noise and Cut Here were the most recent Cure tunes that I liked.

And...Just Say Yes...how about Just Say No? :smth011

I knew that song was trouble when I heard that the girl from Republica was on it... :smth078

Janko

:rocker

LAST GREAT SONG THEY MADE!

:rocker
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason