Jeff Buckley - 1995.06.24 Pilton, Glastonbury Festival [MX 0]

Started by japanesebaby, June 28, 2008, 21:45:00

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

as i've been listening a lot of jeff b. lately, i thought i'd share this, maybe someone out there doesn't have it.
excellent classic performance from glastonbury, with excellent soundboard sound (MX 0).
if anyone asked me, i'd say this is one of those things that everyone should give a listen.

QuoteJeff Buckley
Glastonbury Festival,
Worthy Farm,Pilton,UK
June-24th-1995

Original BBC Transcription Disc > EAC WAV Extraction > Flac Frontend > FLAC (Level 8 )

Tracklist

01. applause
02. Dream Brother
03. Lover, You Should've Come Over
04. So Real
05. Last Goodbye
06. What Will You Say
07. Mojo Pin
08. Eternal Life
09. Kick Out The Jams
10. Grace

Superb SBD Quality : A+

Pre-FM SBD BBC Transcription Disc Of Complete Glastonbury Performance - The Definitve Source > Special!

Extraction/Encoding By Phil 'AintNoBody'

from the haunting oriental vocal colors of 'dream brother' to kick ass guitars 'eternal life' an 'kick out the jams', this is(/was) beautiful.
i envy anyone who got to see this guy live., lucky you.

i really can't remember from who or where or when i got this, sorry. anyway this is the original unaltered file set, the info .txt file and artwork included in part01. please keep those for the later day, should you pass this gig on to someone. 
anyway, thanks for Phil 'AintNoBody' mentioned in the .txt file for originally sharing this. 

please don't convert to mp3 or other lossy formats.
instead, enjoy in full quality.
thanks.

part01
part02
part03
part04
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

DroidAKov

Ta much for this
First time I venture into non Cure related area and I find Jeff Buckley material wehey!
Didn't realise he had managed to appear at Glastonbury before he died.
Cheers

revolt

Quote from: DroidAKov on August 05, 2008, 14:16:40

Didn't realise he had managed to appear at Glastonbury before he died.

Well, what were you thinking... that he had done it AFTER?  :-D

Actually, I ain't gonna say that it was a good thing that Buckley died, but if there is one 90's "indie" artist that I absolutely cannot stand, that's him...

japanesebaby

Quote from: revolt on August 05, 2008, 15:58:44
Actually, I ain't gonna say that it was a good thing that Buckley died, but if there is one 90's "indie" artist that I absolutely cannot stand, that's him...

aaah i'm shocked. :eek: (perhap i can't discuss with you anymore? ;))
ok nevermind, just joking. i don't mind what people like or don't like. i know what i like  and i know why i like it and that's enough for me. :)

anyway for me jeff's one of the only few good things that happened in the 90s - let's face it, if one decade had to be wiped out of the face of music history then it wouldn't be hard to choose 90s. for me jeff saves the day - or at least a good half of it.
his guitar work and song-writing is generally well-aknowledged but i'd add that he also had one of the exceptionally flexible voices out there, ever. 'last goodbye' just gets me every single time.
one of the artists i am really regretting i never got a chance to see live. :(

recommended watching: http://www.amazon.com/Jeff-Buckley-Live-Chicago/dp/0738900672

@DroidAKov: you're welcome.
about tour dates in general, i'm not sure if this is complete but at least i've found it helpful a few times.

http://www.jeffbuckley.com/rfuller/buckley/tourography/index.html

japanesebaby

the conversation (concerning the influence/importance/musical output of the 90's etc.)
that followed has been moved here ->

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5466.0.html

carry on, on both fronts. ;)