Lovesong by Adele

Started by dsanchez, November 13, 2011, 21:08:40

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Famous Adele and her cover of The Cure's Lovesong. Not bad, in my opinion.

Adele - Lovesong (Live)

Your thoughts?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SidneyCure

:smth011
f*cking ADELE. :x Are we allowed to swear?
Anyway, she covered Lovesong (possibly the greatest song of '89) and now all these idiots think she wrote it. If you type up "Lovesong" into YouTube, her name comes up before The Cure.

Is anyone else pissed about it or do you just like the face that [hopefully] Robert and co are getting recognised again?
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

dsanchez

As I wrote before (I just merged your comment with a previous topic) I think the cover is OK but I certanly wouldn't buy the CD.

I have to disagree with Lovesong being the greatest song of 1989. I think there are other much better songs on Disintegration IMO. In the other hand, I think Cranberries version of "In Between Days" was more criticized.

Anyway, if you're so pissed off with Adele's cover, you better don't watch this :D

By the way, welcome to curefans.com :smth023 you must be the youngest member in here!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SidneyCure

I do agree that songs like Plainsong, Lullaby and Untitled are better but I still find ADELE's cover annoying. But anyway. It's all about opinion
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

GwenMadden

I didn't know she covered it. I don't she's that bad, but this happened with the 311 cover as well... Some people live in bliss and don't know it's a cover. I guess my job is bring light to them and let them know it's a Cure's original :)