Global Warming

Started by j, December 07, 2007, 12:36:09

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

Nice to see you back Cure Freak  :smth058

I find this topic very interesting.  Although alot of people dont like to eat kangaroo's, taste or ?? - must be the reason they are doing this,
very hard to change if you are used to something, taste wise.  Guys love their steaks and meat pies  :smth023 funny although i have heard
most meat pies have mystery meat  :shock:  Bit spookey ~ even when i used to eat meat.  Anyhow iam allergic now, so i dont mind my vegie
burgers.

Global warming is a large concern for our world, as well as starvation that will happen to everyone once global warming and then the ice age has kicked in.
So frightening these predictions.

I sat and really thought about it, for a long time, very depressing.

Robiola~ we had our blackout for G.Warming awhile ago, about 5months or more.  Think its really good, makes us all conscience of how much electricity
we waste.   :smth023 

I hope its not too late for our beautiful, precious home.  :smth051

robiola

Quote from: ROGUE on December 10, 2007, 13:05:10
Robiola~ we had our blackout for G.Warming awhile ago, about 5months or more.  Think its really good, makes us all conscience of how much electricity
we waste.   :smth023 

You know what works even better? A real, unforeseen blackout. We had a few here a couple of summers ago, because too much electricity was being used all at once and the system went haywire. And they said if it kept up they would have to ration electricity! That got a few people thinking...
Not for very long though. And as much as I like Xmas and Xmas lights, it kind of makes me mad to see the cities all lit up -- what a waste.

ROGUE

Me too Robiola ~ when i see cities lit up, and all that, Such a waste, They should be leading by example, even
solar power for x-mas lights would be nicer.

Alot of people here ended up complaining about the giant wind-mills, that were powering awhole town, on a coastal
landscape with no houses around, And i couldnt believe people were complaining about the noise. ?  Unbelievable. They were probably
friends of the power companies. 

I like the idea of an unforeseen blackout, thats the way  :rocker  pitty doesnt last long, so easy to take it all for granted.

-thinking i was going offtopic, but is all related to 'global warming'.

Cure Freak

Being off topic here.
Thank you ROGUE. :smth001

Janko

Australian scientists are trying to give kangaroo-style stomachs to cattle and sheep in a bid to cut the emission of greenhouse gases blamed for global warming, researchers say.

ISN'T IT NEAT...

C'MON!

IT IS A BIT LIKE PLAYING GOD!

WHY DONT THEY BREED NEW TYPE OF HUMANS THAT CAN MAKE PEACE WITH THE NATURE FOR ONCE?!

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

melly

To quote Janko...Why don't they breed  new type of humans that can make peace with nature for once...
good point...
humans are much more accountable for the slow destruction of the planet than cows and sheep farting.   :smth018
I hadn't even looked at it that way Janko... good point....
see, sometimes, someone elses view point can really make you think!   :smth023
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Steve

Global Warming my @rse :evil:
There is a blizzard here & with the wind chill it's about -5 degrees.
That's not very warm. :x

But seriously, there is precious little we can do to stop what's happening.We have already screwed up the Earth beyond help. What we do need to do is figure out how the human race is going to survive it (or even if we deserve to survive it).
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

scatcat

it's supposed to be Summer here.. we've had days of rain... GREAT for the drought and gardens... the sun is burny when it appears betwixt the clouds...  ;)
It will be mid 30's this week...  almost need to pop on heater..but refuse too.--just rug up snuggly...

so far here.. a wetter summer than the last few...  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life