May 19, 2019, 17:25:08

News:

Please consider making a donation to help to sustain curefans. Learn more.


2007.08.10 Sydney - Entertainment Centre (Australia) **Sold Out**

Started by bomber2007, June 21, 2007, 15:00:14

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"

devoblue

On my phone for thursday and friday.  I'll get them off later today.  Not sure what the quality will be like.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

devoblue

Quote from: themurderchair on August 11, 2007, 02:45:55
it was brilliant
absolutely brilliant
i was blown away
disintegration, the kiss, plainsong.... just wow


Did you make the barrier?  I was the really tall one between Robert and Simon, with lots of short people behind me.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

Sussex

Quote from: devoblue on August 11, 2007, 03:41:50
On my phone for thursday and friday.  I'll get them off later today.  Not sure what the quality will be like.


Cool dude..the quality is not a matter..when curefans.com member is the one who get the pic, there is a'value' over there though..

cant wait!! :rocker
"Thick As Shit"

themurderchair

Quote from: devoblue on August 11, 2007, 03:43:17
Quote from: themurderchair on August 11, 2007, 02:45:55
it was brilliant
absolutely brilliant
i was blown away
disintegration, the kiss, plainsong.... just wow


Did you make the barrier?  I was the really tall one between Robert and Simon, with lots of short people behind me.


yeah i made it on the barrier
i was probably a few people along from you
just left of roberts mic where he kept standing when he'd sing without guitar
ha. he pulled faces at me during 'push'
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

themurderchair

oh i also have some photos
i dont know if they are from the thursday or the friday show cos a friend sent me them
where should i post?
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Secrets

I must be in the minority as I preferred Thursday's set, myself. Possibly because it was the first show and I didn't know what they were going to play.
I really did enjoy How Beautiful You Are and Elise. They were unexpected, so nice touches.  The crowd definitely had better vibe though

I preferred the 3IB encore from Thursday though as the energy of it really cartwheeled along.

themurderchair

Quote from: Secrets on August 11, 2007, 09:54:28
I must be in the minority as I preferred Thursday's set, myself. Possibly because it was the first show and I didn't know what they were going to play.
I really did enjoy How Beautiful You Are and Elise. They were unexpected, so nice touches.  The crowd definitely had better vibe though

I preferred the 3IB encore from Thursday though as the energy of it really cartwheeled along.


overal i preferred friday
BUT that being said
the 3IB encore blew me away
i thought that was better then fridays encores
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Secrets

So WTF happened to the Entertainment Centre?

Last time I went drinks were restricted to a roped in section around the bars *outside* the inner sanctum.

For the second Sydney concert I had to contend with the people next to me arriving an hour late, and then proceeding to go for drinks every 10 mins..and thanks too also to the person behind me who spilt beer all down my back as they stumbled past everyone trying to get to their seats.

Compared to that, the scuffle that broke out near us during Just Like Heaven on the first night seemed tolerable.

The constant movement through both shows of people going to the bar was really disappointing and distracting.

StaggerLee

Anybody manage to tape this gem? I attended ('twas my first Cure experience, hopefuly not the last!) and would absolutely love to have this. Can anyone help me out?

(btw, just signed up! Hi everyone :D)

mikmcc



Welcome StaggerLee - another Aussie member, we seem to be well represented here

nausearockpig

it's great to see the explosion of members lately.

i recall when we were all excited about reaching 1000 members.. looks like we'll be at 1500 soon..


dsanchez

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 17, 2007, 11:43:47
it's great to see the explosion of members lately.

i recall when we were all excited about reaching 1000 members.. looks like we'll be at 1500 soon..

Yes indeed. I think we will pass 1500 members by the end of the year  :smth023


2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

StaggerLee

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, any news on a recording of this gig yet?

replicaitlin

Would anyone happen to know who was the Lighting Designer for this show? Or can point me in the right direction to find out? That'd be fantastic :)