Which Cure song are you listening to right now?

Started by Inshiver, February 03, 2006, 16:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Kinda "topical" these days, as I keep hoping that "maybe someday" some things will be better...

Quote from: piggymirror on April 28, 2020, 09:05:42The Jumping Someone Else's Train video is actually a speeded up ride from the cabin of a London-Victoria station to Brighton train

Yep, I realised this many years ago. Additionally, in 1999, I made that train journey for the first time.  :cool
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

piggymirror

piggymirror

This song rings a bell. It reminds me of a pathetic scene, and a particularly dark time in my life.
That said, it's one of the songs I like best off Wild Mood Swings. Oh well. :D

Ulrich

Covering The Doors (30 years ago for a compilation album celebrating an anniversary of US record company Elektra):

Rietan

Ulrich

One "freak show" of a video and I think it is quite fun to watch! 30 years ago (Sept 1990) it was released as a single.
(That must be Fiction Records boss Chris "Bill" Parry at the start doing a guest spot?!)

SueC

Always topical.

And applicable in all sorts of details.

SueC is time travelling

SueC

This evening, this one's for Rafael Nadal, who played exceptional tennis and bagelled the increasingly odious Novak Djokovic in the first set en route to winning in straight sets.  Well done.   :smth023

SueC is time travelling

SueC

In fact, yesterday I listened to the whole audio of that entire gig, up loud - a nice way of sidelining the American circus - you can't listen to radio or turn on the TV here at the moment...
SueC is time travelling

SueC

PERSONAL SANITY PLAYLIST FOR THIS WEEK

This week, I'm listening to a lot of Cure and Australian Indigenous music.  Here's some of the Cure songs that are helping me stay sane.

First and foremost, a perfect song for all this:

Another obvious one for the situation dominating public life in the West just now:

One whose mood captures the dislocation, nausea and darkness of that situation - with a fan video that adds to the imagery:

Apologies for the sound on that one, it seems a bit clipped.  Here's my favourite version of it so far - showing what happens if you just keep on getting better and better at this:

Another song that simply fits the mood:

And of course:

And just because:

And because it's at the heart of all this:

And because we can take refuge in the microcosms we create for ourselves and those we love:

...that's a nice cross-section of relevant songs.

Stay sane, everyone. ♥
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

I like your new signature quote, @MeltingMan:)  Merry Christmas!  🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

I'm going to dedicate this next one to my grandmother, whom I miss.  A warm spot in my childhood and an avid snailmail correspondent once we emigrated.  I can't believe it's been over 20 years since she died.

SueC is time travelling

SueC

I needed a song to disinfect the house after having some fishy guests with terrible manners.  :1f635:

I chose this one mostly because it matched my mood - but I would like to hear other good choices for such a purpose!  So nominate away.   :cool

SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)