your non-favorites ("respectable" artists only!)

Started by japanesebaby, January 12, 2007, 00:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

silversand

Britney Spears
Ashley and Jessica Simpson
Avril Lavinge
Pink
Pussycatdolls
Beyonce
Destinys Child
Sugarbabes
Spice Girls
Evancescene
Linkin Park
AFI
Razorlight
Bob Dylan
Morrissey
R&B
Rap
Hip Hop
Country
Folk Music  :smth093
Janette (a German pop singer)
all these pop singers and bands from casting shows
Boy and Girl bands

Edit: I wouldn't call all these pop singers artists, because i think that would be like a slap in the face of all real artist. Or i'm misguided?  :smth017

Cure Freak

Brittany Spears
Madonna
Avril Latrine :lol:
Coldplay
Johnny Cash
Eminem and all rappers

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

japanesebaby

Quote from: silversand on September 15, 2007, 18:14:49
Britney Spears
Ashley and Jessica Simpson
Avril Lavinge
Pink
Pussycatdolls
Beyonce
Destinys Child
Sugarbabes
Spice Girls
Evancescene
Linkin Park
AFI
Razorlight
Bob Dylan
Morrissey
R&B
Rap
Hip Hop
Country
Folk Music  :smth093
Janette (a German pop singer)
all these pop singers and bands from casting shows
Boy and Girl bands

Edit: I wouldn't call all these pop singers artists, because i think that would be like a slap in the face of all real artist. Or i'm misguided?  :smth017

i'd surely agree with most of those above. yet i do have hard time trying to see something as pussycat dolls as "respectable artists" - ha!
i think everyone hates these boy/girl groups because they are just a joke.

but kudos to anyone who'll bash morrissey  :smth038

:lol:

by the way, noticing that several people have lately mentioned avril lavigne (who's pure crap all right of course).
that rather recent video from her, that "your girlfriend" (or something like it): i think it's probably one of the crappiest videos ever. :smth100
besides, like one friend of mine pointed out, the "stoyline" is idiotic and questionable because  because it actually almost urges to bullying. ok i guess it's supposed to be taken as being some kind of self irony, as a joke but it's too bad to be a joke of any kind.
besides, it's self evident that an artist as shallow and crappy as avril l. couldn't ever be self-ironic anyway! they are just too dumb and empty from the start.
:smth011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ25-glGRzI
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Liars

Just saw them open for Interpol last night, and wasn't impressed.  Nothing but lots of noise.  And LOUD noise at that! :shock:

Cure Freak

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 16, 2007, 16:03:13

but kudos to anyone who'll bash morrissey  :smth038

:lol:

I haven't listen to one song by him. And, I don't care to.

Carnage Visor

Here's Morrissey next to Robert Smith, and here's why I don't like him and why I like Robert:

Reason 1: THAT! Come on, "MEAT IS MURDER"...what a publicity stunt! Everyone thinks they're so kind-hearted and spiritual for believing in PETA, but in reality...PETA is hypocritical and contains many flaws...
Reason 2: Look at that dorky-ass mop! Come on, that's like Vanilla Ice!
Reason 3: His singing voice is annoying and embarassing to listen to. It sounds like he tried to swallow a cat before going in and recording!!!
Reason 4: Robert doesn't like him. I like Robert. See how it works? ;)
Reason 5: He has this very gay quality about him like George Michael and Boy George that I think is sometimes a little too much...nothing against homosexuals at all! Don't get me wrong...
Reason 6: He goes by the name "Morrissey". I hate that. Same goes for Madonna. Get a full name and use it!
Reason 7: Is that really F-ing him in that picture? God, he looks bad nowadays!
Reason 8: Most importantly, he's not Robert Smith. And he has a band called, "The Smiths"

Reason 1: He's got an awesome mop. I want that same hairdo...seriously.
Reason 2: He looks awesome. He's got the eyeliner, the lipstick, the eyes...great image.
Reason 3: I like his singing voice.
Reason 4: He hates Morrissey
Reason 5: He's part of the greatest band on earth!
Reason 6: He uses his full name.
Reason 7: His music is great, his lyrics poetic and beautiful.
Reason 8: He's gif-able. Just look at my animated gif I made of him winking!!! :smth023

Cure Freak

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 17, 2007, 01:39:06
Here's Morrissey next to Robert Smith, and here's why I don't like him and why I like Robert:

Reason 1: THAT! Come on, "MEAT IS MURDER"...what a publicity stunt! Everyone thinks they're so kind-hearted and spiritual for believing in PETA, but in reality...PETA is hypocritical and contains many flaws...
Reason 2: Look at that dorky-ass mop! Come on, that's like Vanilla Ice!
Reason 3: His singing voice is annoying and embarassing to listen to. It sounds like he tried to swallow a cat before going in and recording!!!
Reason 4: Robert doesn't like him. I like Robert. See how it works? ;)
Reason 5: He has this very gay quality about him like George Michael and Boy George that I think is sometimes a little too much...nothing against homosexuals at all! Don't get me wrong...
Reason 6: He goes by the name "Morrissey". I hate that. Same goes for Madonna. Get a full name and use it!
Reason 7: Is that really F-ing him in that picture? God, he looks bad nowadays!
Reason 8: Most importantly, he's not Robert Smith. And he has a band called, "The Smiths"

Reason 1: He's got an awesome mop. I want that same hairdo...seriously.
Reason 2: He looks awesome. He's got the eyeliner, the lipstick, the eyes...great image.
Reason 3: I like his singing voice.
Reason 4: He hates Morrissey
Reason 5: He's part of the greatest band on earth!
Reason 6: He uses his full name.
Reason 7: His music is great, his lyrics poetic and beautiful.
Reason 8: He's gif-able. Just look at my animated gif I made of him winking!!! :smth023
Reason 9: He doesn't need to take his shirt off to impress girls.
I've seen a few pics of  Morrissey.

Carnage Visor

japanesebaby

reason 10: no stupid idiotic pelvis swinging on stage when performing live  :smth011

(let me say that i especially like your reason 4  - i mean both of them haha :smth045)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

Yes hate Morrissey also, Justin Timberlake  :smth078   folk and country music,
and all the other pox n crappy stuff like girl bands, **** bands, boy bands
and everything else I mentioned earlier.

Agree with all of the above posts also. :twisted:

p.s. love this spewing smilie, i pinched from David, Had to~ Just so appropriate  :shock:

By the way it was April Lavertry- is that the same? as the other word,? :lol:

Cure Freak

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 17, 2007, 08:45:44
reason 10: no stupid idiotic pelvis swinging on stage when performing live  :smth011

(let me say that i especially like your reason 4  - i mean both of them haha :smth045)
EEWWW! He does the Elvis thing.
:smth078

Steve

I thought The Smiths were alright.
However, once Mr Marr went, it was all downhill for the man with the daffodils in his back pockets
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

FarFar

Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

Steve

Travis (worst thing out of Scotland ever)
Blink 182
Moby (should never have murdered Temptation)
Scissor Sisters (They might not have used the girl's butt to get anywhere, but they sure used the guy's butt didn't they ;)?)
The Police (after regatta de blanc)
Sting (pompous @sshole)
Dido (booooooring)
The Beatles (worst band ever to walk the earth)
The Rolling Stones (they might write some good songs, but only other people can play them well)

:-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php