Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

word_on_a_wing

And talking about lyrics of Stephin Merritt I can't go past this beautiful creation...
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

piggymirror

Ulrich

"I tell myself again and again, never to look back, because it's never the same..."

BiscuityBoyle

----------------------------------------------------

@SueC the moniker comes from a really dumb Burnistoun skit that made me laugh very hard.

BiscuityBoyle

The Stranglers are easily one of my all time favorite bands, but to me the cutoff point is 1983, nothing they did after Feline speaks to me. Maybe the b-side Hitman, despite some obvious imperfections in production. And one song off Hugh's first solo album, All the Tea in China.

But when they were good they were great.

Ulrich

Quote from: BiscuityBoyle on February 22, 2020, 15:39:57The Stranglers are easily one of my all time favorite bands

Mine too, I like the first few albums, but the recent ones as well (even some from the Paul Roberts phase). The real weak ones were those from around '97/'98.

piggymirror

SueC

Those guys seem to write interesting lyrics, @piggymirror! :cool

The opening rhythm immediately made me think of this...

...and now I'm listening to it.

Thanks folks, for the Stranglers tracks - that's something less explored for me than I'd have liked, so it's good to get this on "Curefans FM"... ;)

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

TV Smith (new recording of the song, backed by German band DTH)

"I see you sparkle in the mud
Like a little diamond in the rough"

piggymirror

piggymirror

Ulrich

SueC

They're all into it, but the keyboard player really makes me smile! :)

Well, might as well post something else Celtic I listened to today - if anyone here has never heard Uilleann Pipes before, this is a good intro.

PS: That keyboard part on that Stranglers tune  Never To Look Back is super!  :cool
SueC is time travelling