2008.05.09 Fairfax - Patriot Center (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Yeah, the merch prices are insane.  Glad I got a shirt in Europe, where they were relatively cheap.  Shirts were 20 Euros.

dsanchez

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 10, 2008, 05:53:17
Glad I got a shirt in Europe, where they were relatively cheap.  Shirts were 20 Euros.

Where you bought at that price? :shock:

In Paris it was 30 Euros and same thing in Oberhausen (where I bought for that price). What is interesting is that the shirt's label says is made in Honduras (central america). I don't think the real cost of that shirt -including printing- pass 5US$. To pay 10 times it's real value is really too much. But there will be always fanatics (like me) who will buy it (even if we're broke after that) :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

iwannashagsimon

$45!!  Yikes!!!  I also remember when they were $25.  Goes to show how long it's been since I've been to a concert.

Any idea how much the bag with Robert's face on it was? 

jpsesq

and to think I'll be buying a shirt for my 2 mos. old daughter which she won't be able to wear til she is in her teens.....god bless me for caring about my daughter's coolness.....in 15 yrs a cure vintage cure shirt will be like a Doors or Who shirt today......

so happy they played Jumping Someone Else's Train........

:-D

dsanchez

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 22, 2007, 06:09:39
"Apparently we have a curfew" (RS before the third encore)

What this means, Crowbi?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on May 10, 2008, 06:05:08
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 22, 2007, 06:09:39
"Apparently we have a curfew" (RS before the third encore)

What this means, Crowbi?

It means they were supposed to be finished by midnight.  They went over and will have to pay a fine. 

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on May 10, 2008, 05:58:03
Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 10, 2008, 05:53:17
Glad I got a shirt in Europe, where they were relatively cheap.  Shirts were 20 Euros.

Where you bought at that price? :shock:

In Paris it was 30 Euros and same thing in Oberhausen (where I bought for that price). What is interesting is that the shirt's label says is made in Honduras (central america). I don't think the real cost of that shirt -including printing- pass 5US$. To pay 10 times it's real value is really too much. But there will be always fanatics (like me) who will buy it (even if we're broke after that) :roll:

Were they 30 Euros?  I thought they were 20.  Maybe I'm wrong. 

Well, they're 20 on the official site.  http://thecure.trinitystreetdirect.com/store/page3.asp?sup_type=1&t=1&sub_type=1

crowbi_wan

Thanks to j for reporting live.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated.  :smth023

carycameron

Hmm...  they left out  A Boy I Never Knew
a solid set although i do hope they change up the encores at least switch
a few songs here and there like they're doing in the main set

another new song performed is a promising start though...

kissingcrimson

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

japanesebaby

thanks j for keeping the community posted  :smth023

(btw i was really expecting some change in the encore sets once they go overseas, but looks like no.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Gothiczartan

AWESOME SHOW! I had a wonderful time see them at the patriot center!

robert looks scarier on the outside and he's like a hero to me. simon lookin tough and he's still looks good for his age!

the drummer look like that south park character kenny (when kenny is unhooded).

porl looks gothic.

anyone has pics taken at the show, post them here!
Robert Smith is our hero!

japanesebaby

Quote from: Gothiczartan on May 10, 2008, 07:14:06
the drummer look like that south park character kenny (when kenny is unhooded).

:?: haha let's hope he survives the tour then...

Quote from: Gothiczartan on May 10, 2008, 07:14:06
anyone has pics taken at the show, post them here!

please post the pics to the gallery section and add a link here. ;)
but yes, some photos would be nice to see. :)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Hey guys...overall a really good show.  Very surprising considering it was the first show of the tour and they generally "play it safe" (a crowbi_wan quote) by playing the singles.

As I mentioned, the volume was nowhere near the level of Mexico City.

I have a ton of pics that I will upload early in the week.  I just got lost in Fairfax trying to get back to my hotel.  What should have taken 20 mins took well over an hour, and included help from VA's finest!  I am off to bed (I hope) so I can catch my train to Philly for the show tomorrow.

Special thanks to BC for posting the list I sent to him.  I hope you have unlimited texts Brian!  If not, let me know and I can email the songs instead tomorrow.

Gothiczartan

it's too bad the cure didn't play high, other voices and charlotte sometimes:(
Robert Smith is our hero!