November 25, 2020, 23:32:08

Currently Watching

Started by Steve, July 14, 2007, 17:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Hoch lebe der Herbst!
(Sören Kierkegaard)

L'homme paye après sa mort, le peuple toujours de son vivant: cherchez pourquoi sont tombés les empires? par l'injustice.
(Le livre du sceptre: politique p. 126)

MeltingMan

Hoch lebe der Herbst!
(Sören Kierkegaard)

L'homme paye après sa mort, le peuple toujours de son vivant: cherchez pourquoi sont tombés les empires? par l'injustice.

Ulrich

I'll be watching this excellent series (ok I already saw S1 & 2, but S3-5 is pretty "new" to me):

It's never enough...

Ulrich

It's never enough...

MeltingMan

Note the (damaged) P-51 (3:00) and the map (6:50). 😯

Hoch lebe der Herbst!
(Sören Kierkegaard)

MeltingMan

Hoch lebe der Herbst!
(Sören Kierkegaard)

SueC

Man, @MeltingMan, are they noisy!  :1f631:  :cool

Even noisier than this mob:  :winking_tongue

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

I watched a few episodes of mini-series "Chernobyl" - absolute "horror", because even though it is a "dramatisation" of events, you do know most of it happened for real... :1f631:  :'(

It's never enough...

SueC

That looks really horrible, @Ulrich, and it better be too, because we humans are so easy to anaesthetise about stuff like this.  By the way, I read recently that one of the reasons Germany is a world leader in getting their population on renewable energy sources is because of the public backlash in Germany about nuclear power, and citizens deciding they wanted solar, wind etc, not a nuclear future.  Well done to your citizens - I wish Australians were this proactive on the scale German citizens were.  We still have dumbass politicians discussing building nuclear reactors, and subsidising the mining and burning of coal with our tax money, when there's enough solar energy here to run us many times over, if only we use the available technology to capture it.  (This message is brought to you by an off-grid household running on solar and batteries for electricity, passive solar design for the majority of home heating and cooling, an average of two nights a week in winter with the wood fire on, which also backup heats the solar rooftop hot water, pedestal and ceiling fans to keep air moving in summer heatwaves, and other things like this - all done on an average building budget, showing that anyone with an average budget can get off non-renewables for running their buildings.)

And speaking of horrible, did you ever watch this?  I wish it was compulsory viewing for all politicians (and all voters, to be fair).

SueC is time travelling

word_on_a_wing

Nine Inch Nails were inducted into the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame...
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."