Currently Watching

Started by Steve, July 14, 2007, 17:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

Great fun - we're just re-watching Season 2; Season 3 arrived in the mailbox last week! :)  We needed some more comedy after finishing a re-watch of the entire Black Books...

This was Brett's find - he used to watch Veronica Mars back in the day.
SueC is time travelling

BiscuityBoyle

A couple of impressively accurate rants in here, one about American boomers starting around 9:30 and another about the geopolitical world order further on.   

word_on_a_wing

Twin Peaks
...yes I am REALLY late to the party on this one. I saw the first season many years ago, liked it but didn't really get the big hype about it.
However 2 people I greatly respect (David Bowie and Trent Reznor) have connections to this series so I felt the need to try again, and watch beyond the first season.
So here I am: rewatched the first season (I enjoyed it much more on second viewing), then the second season (and the answer to who killed Laura Palmer... jeez!)...it seemed to hit a plateau on the back half of the second season, but then into the film Fire Walk With Me which I thoroughly enjoyed, but now into the newest season and within 2 episodes my mind is utterly blown!! I've now watched 5 episodes and the amazement continues every moment. I don't think I've ever exclaimed "woah!!!" so many times in my life. This new season is miles ahead of what preceded it. So glad there are so many episodes left, and I have no clue how it will unfold, it's brilliant and unlike anything I've ever seen, I'm completely hooked.
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on April 27, 2020, 14:07:39Twin Peaks
...yes I am REALLY late to the party on this one.

Better late than never is what I say!

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on April 27, 2020, 14:07:39...it seemed to hit a plateau on the back half of the second season, but then into the film Fire Walk With Me which I thoroughly enjoyed, but now into the newest season ... I have no clue how it will unfold, it's brilliant and unlike anything I've ever seen, I'm completely hooked.

I'm glad to hear you did watch it in the perfect order (first S1&2, then the movie FWWM, then S3)!  :smth023

There was a bit of a "weak period" in season 2 (Lynch wasn't often on set, he was making "Wild at heart" at the time).

What "FWWM" misses, is the input of Mark Frost (who basically was the "showrunner" on S1/2). I was glad they got together to write S3 (basically Lynch says it's Frost who owns a typewriter, he just voices ideas and Frost writes them down and tries to put them into order).

S3 is crazy & full of "echoes" out of S1/2&FWWM, plus lots of other stuff... Enjoy!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

BiscuityBoyle

BiscuityBoyle

BiscuityBoyle

BiscuityBoyle

"The lacunae generated by those cultural artifacts that are lost to time shape cultural history every bit as much as those artifacts that got preserved" - a very wise Russian philologist in my imperfect free translation

https://youtu.be/RJ5QvALYWoo

SueC

@Ulrich, did you ever see this version of The Color Out Of Space?  (2010, German)

...Brett dug this up but said he didn't want to watch it because of how they changed it...  however, that was an interesting thing to film in black and white and just add that purple colour...
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on June 24, 2020, 15:24:29@Ulrich, did you ever see this version of The Color Out Of Space?  (2010, German)

No, not yet. There is a very special edition of the new version (by R. Stanley), which does include older movies too! (Box includes 5 blu rays + CD etc.):
http://www.kochmedia-film.de/blu-ray/details/view/film/die_farbe_aus_dem_all_color_out_of_space_ultimate_edition_uhd_5_blu_rays_cd/

QuoteEXTRAS:
104-seitiger Original Nachdruck des "Amazing Stories"-Magazins, welches die H.P. Lovecraft Geschichte erstmals veröffentlichte, ...
Soundtrack-CD mit Musik von Colin Stetson (ca. 45 Minuten), Zwei DIN-A1-Kinoplakate, 6 Retro-Aushangphotos, Bonusfilm "DAS GRAUEN AUF SCHLOSS WITLEY (1965) (Blu-ray)"...
Bonusfilm "THE CURSE (1987) (Blu-ray)", Audiokommentar von Dr. Gerd Naumann, Matthias Künnecke und Christopher Klaese, Bildergalerie, Zwei Trailer zum Film, Bildergalerie, Bonusfilm "DIE FARBE (2010) (Blu-ray)", ...
"The Colour out of Space" & "The Garden" - Kurzfilme von Patrick Müller (ca. 11 Minuten)

Maybe I should've gotten this instead of the standard edition.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MeltingMan

I saw the film twice over the weekend and am thrilled. Really worth seeing!

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

SueC

Wow, thanks for posting that, @MeltingMan - it's incredible how self-aware and articulate she is, full stop.  And then there's her struggle with sudden system errors.  I wonder how her life turned out, after this interview. I hope she found happiness.
SueC is time travelling