"CURE MOVIE" - Who Would You Cast?

Started by Carnage Visor, September 26, 2007, 21:43:44

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

Was just looking at Iwannashagsimon s  awsum myspace and thinking who would be a good Simon- of the comedy
Cure movie cast.....hmm i get back on this one  :lol:  and all other members too. 

That pic of Robert does resemble Ben Afflick- but could Ben do the job- could he portray such charm, and the accent....that is the question
really good choice though, looks wise.  :shock:

edit~ yes Cure Freak he cant act for peanuts  :lol:  would be too hard for Ben.  :roll:  especially also the accent, ahh well, who's next ?
Roll up, roll up, Actors needed..... Boy George was funny choice heheheee (earlier post by Steve i think)
Luv the Will Farrel heheheheee, and yes i bet i spelt the name wrong... :roll: again with the name spelling, i will never learn... buga.

Cure Freak

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on November 23, 2007, 21:45:56
Quote from: Cure Freak on November 22, 2007, 13:48:18
I can't see Hugh Jackman playing Simon. He's too buffed up. Especially when he played Wolverine. Simon is slim and has skinny legs. If anyone, would play Simon, it's the guy iwannashagsimon chose.

Figo can't right now.  He broke his leg. Well....he got it broken for him.  Football is a rough sport. :cry:

Sorry to hear that. Hope he gets well soon.

And about Ben Afflick. He would be a good choice, as for looks. But, he can't act worth sh#t.

Carnage Visor

Having seen and heard alot of good things about the movie "CONTROL" about Joy Division, it seems almost unfair that I can't experience that same thing with The Cure.

I'm imagining some really great scenes, you know...the band forming, the Gary Biddles incident, the 'F- Robert Palmer" thing...The Cure is riddled with hilarious and unforgettable stories.

I don't know, if it can be done so well and so beautifully with Joy Division, it can be done well with The Cure.

CureCrusader

Just thinking.. we need first to find a great director, who is passionate about the music... like CV said, as in the movie Control... about Joy Division. In order for an awesome movie, not only actors but a producer/director.. What about Tim Burton?  :lol:
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

japanesebaby

Quote from: Carnage Visor on January 26, 2008, 05:36:03
Having seen and heard alot of good things about the movie "CONTROL" about Joy Division, it seems almost unfair that I can't experience that same thing with The Cure.

but come on, 'control' is a great movie NOT because it's a movie about a good band, but because it's really not about the band/music, it's about the tragedy of one person who just happened to be a musician in this case. so the fact that's it's music-related is not what makes it good as a story, as a movie, as a documentary about one human being and his personal tragedy. it would be just as good movie if the leading character was of some other profession, whatever - the story of this person's life is what's interesing there, not the surroundings.

so in order to "experience the same thing with the cure": you'd need to hope thatsomething really tragical happened to robert and he'd maybe end up even killing himself??
of course we/you don't hope that... i hope....

you see, i'm trying to point out the difference: could one really make such an exceptionally tinged movie about a band like the cure? sure, they've made a lot of great music - and i know it sounds bad when put this way, but still: is lots of good music enough? i mean, enough to make a great movie out of it?  you don't "need" a movie to tell you that "this music id great" - all you need is to listen to the music itself.
for movie, there would have to be something else there, something to make a story out of. otherwise it would be bound to be just plain boring. or maybe not boring but at least unnecessary. it would entertaining at its best, if it was well-made - but that's really not necessarily a good reason to make a movie.

'control' is great because it's an exceptional story. and it's a great portrait, completely regardless of whether it's a music-related film or not!
the story of joy division and the story of the cure are completely different things. something that works for one is not necessarily goint to be great for the other.

sorry if i sound like i'm ranting, but i am personally allergic to pointless movies, made only for shallow entertainment. there are too many of those already and even thouh i agree a good amount of them are often well-made and professional in every way i still don't think that alone is good enough a cause for their existence.  if you create art you need to have some other impulse for it than just making something "entertaining and professional looking".

really, when i think of the career of the cure, i see very little that i would consider really interesting when/if translated to a movie.
i don't see what the point would be... other than entertainment purposes - which i don't see as any sort of point, really.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Carnage Visor

Wow...you seem very adamant that its a bad idea. I didnt mean to cause such a stir...

I accept the fact that you dislike the idea, but I think you might be taking it a bit too seriously. I never said their needed to be a movie, I just like movies alot and I want to see what it would be like.

No big whoop, didn't mean to stir the pot. Just a cinema freak wanting to see his favorite band honored in film. We all have different ideas, I just personally like biopics.  :)

Hero

Hey CV, why don't you make the cure movie when your a famous film director?! Maybe the next Tim Burton? 8)

Carnage Visor

Quote from: Hero on January 26, 2008, 20:08:04
Hey CV, why don't you make the cure movie when your a famous film director?! Maybe the next Tim Burton? 8)

Thats the thing, I've always wanted to direct an adaption of the Cure story, perhaps just a short film chronicling the beginning of their career, with a bit o' fantasy thrown in for good measure to make it surreal and represent the drug usage the band was going through at the time...

Hey, in a few years, film school...