The Only One + Ny Trip officially confirmed.

Started by [labyrinth], April 25, 2008, 12:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

DJscribbles

Quote from: cureterra on April 28, 2008, 02:00:58
I remember Robert saying that this album will be the last on CD format. But many fans love to have their favourite music in cds... :(

NOOOO!! my record player is broken - i love vinyl, and cds, heck i still play casettes! my peers are all about the ipod, which i dont have. (the ipod touch is the same price as a good turntable). one thing i dont like about the mp3 is that it feels less personal, and i dont like the quality. please robert.. keep the cds. other artists still do. and besides, the artist should think about others who find it more difficult to buy online, (i.e. lack of credit cards). 

video clips! always, i believe its not only an important part of promotion, but the whole music experience.
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

Dillinger

CD will die before vinyl. 2007 saw the highest sellng 7" in the UK in something like 15 years (It was the White Stripes Icky Thump btw, who'd a thunk?)

It will come down to vinyl for the purists and mp3s for te chumps. I'll be getting the wax every single time.

Bloodflower

CD isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Too many people enjoy having a physical album for it to just disappear. And I think the idea that vinyl will, at any point in the future, be more popular than the CD is ludicrous, really. Retro is appealing, but only to a certain extent. As for whether digital downloads will become the primary format for artists -- I'd agree with that, but I don't think we'll see it in The Cure's lifetime.

I'm extremely sceptical about Robert saying this will be the last CD Cure album. I really don't take it seriously at all. Sounds more like bad tabloid filler than anything else. The only way this will be the last CD Cure album is if this is the last Cure album.

Until then....
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

cureterra

I don't remember exactly where I heard it, but i did. (i think that it was in a mexican interview...).
Anyway, I don't believe in this robert's words very much, because he said other time, he loves vinyls, so, if he loves vynils, he loves physical music material, just like us!
*** VANILLA SMILE ***

Janko

IF THE NEW SINGLE DOESNT GET SUBSTANTIAL RADIO AIRPLAY THE BAND GOES TO THE WHERE ARE THEY NOW CABINET PERMANENTLY...

:-D

I WISH THEM SOMETHING LIKE PRECIOUS  WAS FOR  DEPECHE MODE
YOU COULD WALK DOWN THE STREET AND YOU COULD HEAR THE SONG FROM EVERYWHERE (BARS, CARS...) AND THAT SORT OF THINGS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INTERNET...

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

rodney

Not really, but I guess it's kind of a moot point at this time.

kissingcrimson

Well I'm not sure if it was just to shut me up..or if it's actually true,

So, I went 2 to records stores today,

the first: ..told me that today the new Cure single was listed on the catalogue list and he already ordered copies of the 7" for the store...(but as it's Australia..we maybe won't get it until June)...hmmm

the second store: Told me he didn't know anything about the new single yet (only the album) but will definitely try get them ordered in from the UK late May if this is so.

let's see

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

Steve

I just pre-ordered mine from HMV online.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

kissingcrimson

Quote from: Steve on April 29, 2008, 12:22:43

ouh nice Steve! :smth023...the joys of having a credit card i guess. I don't have one :(
oh well.

scatcat

Quote from: rodney on April 28, 2008, 14:50:22
If it's a Geffin employee updating the official site, they're probably not even in the office yet.  Give them time.  It's 5:50am there now.

hey... u know what occurs in the music industry.. probably doesn't know what day it is... regardless of HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO THE FANS !!

Quote from: Steve on April 29, 2008, 12:22:43

you cheeky thing!.. I know it won't hit our shores for awhile.. hhmmm..

Quote from: kissingcrimson on April 29, 2008, 09:37:30
Well I'm not sure if it was just to shut me up..or if it's actually true,

So, I went 2 to records stores today,

the first: ..told me that today the new Cure single was listed on the catalogue list and he already ordered copies of the 7" for the store...(but as it's Australia..we maybe won't get it until June)...hmmm

the second store: Told me he didn't know anything about the new single yet (only the album) but will definitely try get them ordered in from the UK late May if this is so.

OOhh mann.. kissy .. if this is true.. ( I have  personally experienced a lack of 'order-ability'  of The Cure here in oz )..  I guess i have to try "The Red Eye" as suggested.. i would HATE to miss out.

I need a new turntable.. and sound system.. to be able to play the new 7"... i pray to heavens that we will be able to get a CD on our shores!

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

kissingcrimson

[/quote]

OOhh mann.. kissy .. if this is true.. ( I have  personally experienced a lack of 'order-ability'  of The Cure here in oz )..  I guess i have to try "The Red Eye" as suggested.. i would HATE to miss out.

I need a new turntable.. and sound system.. to be able to play the new 7"... i pray to heavens that we will be able to get a CD on our shores!

:smth020
[/quote]

Yes, Well looks like I don't need a credit card after all :)..silly me. 8)

Hi, Scatcat, I asked at JBHIFI on Elizabeth Street (melbourne).... he said they'll definitely try order them in BY lATE mAY. As you know the Singles aren't manufactured here..only the album.So I guess you could try there too. Is "red eye" a Sydney store?

doublec

I am not interested in what support will resist in the future: vinyl, CD, digital download... maybe all of them if there will be a costumer ready to spend money
I only don't understand why the music industry spends a lot of money and time in high quality music production and distributes digital downloads in mp3 format (or other lossy format)
I understand that 99% of music listeners like mp3 since is easy to use, light, etc (also in the past in Italy were sold more music cassettes than vinyls for the same reason... but the quality of the cassettes was inferior to vinyl), but the 1% of music lovers have the right to have a digital download in lossless format (FLAC and so on)
And, as fas as I know, also The Cure has proposed in the past digital downloads in lossy formats... a shame

gioez

Meanwhile no news on The Cure and Geffen official sites...
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

scatcat

Quote from: kissingcrimson on April 30, 2008, 02:51:07

Hi, Scatcat, I asked at JBHIFI on Elizabeth Street (melbourne).... he said they'll definitely try order them in BY lATE mAY. As you know the Singles aren't manufactured here..only the album.So I guess you could try there too. Is "red eye" a Sydney store?

that's great news.. i haven't yet begun to phone around.. I'll get onto JB's a.s.a.p.
:smth023

yes, 'Red Eye ' is a sydney store..
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

Quote from: sues777 on April 27, 2008, 05:28:31
Quote from: scatcat on April 27, 2008, 04:38:44
i'm pretty excited! i just hope that the 4 singles will be released here in Oz, without me having to order them from overseas!  :D

Yes please!!  And if it all goes horribly wrong, and the Aus release date isn't the same as everywhere else, you should try the Red Eye Records website.  They have 2 shops here in Sydney and generally have imports available very shortly after being released elsewhere.  Their mail order service is impeccable.  I've been buying all my Cure stuff from them for years.

...just make sure I have my copies first... ;)

so say sues777!!   ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life