Wish Remaster/Deluxe Edition?

Started by | SONA |, October 15, 2008, 20:00:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

By The Big Hand instrumental you mean the version from which an excerpt can be heard during the credits of the Picture Show video?
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

| SONA |

Quote from: Matti on March 31, 2011, 19:08:17
By The Big Hand instrumental you mean the version from which an excerpt can be heard during the credits of the Picture Show video?

Yeah, there was a version of The Big Hand mixed in instrumental form... used for the Picture Show video... although we've only got the 1:40 segment to this point, unless it's out there somewhere.

I also added 4 songs to the above list that haven't been verified which were supposedly demoed and/or tracked during the Wish sessions.

Ulrich

Quote from: davidgoliath77 on March 31, 2011, 10:17:38I love them all but Wish holds a very special place in my heart.

Same here! I used to love "Disintegration" as well, but it wasn't the happiest time of my life (thus "Disintegration" was of course the perfect soundtrack to it!). Then I waited for a follow-up ("Never enough" already hinted at more guitars being used), when "Wish" finally was released, I was very happy. I really like to remember that time, most of them are happy memories (incl. my first Cure concert)!

In short, I hope for a remastered re-release too! Would be fine if this came out within the next 15 months or so, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of "Wish".  :D
(Seeing "Mixed Up" and "Wish" are the "next in line", it should be possible!)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

andyhare77

Quote from: Ulrich on April 01, 2011, 09:56:38
Quote from: davidgoliath77 on March 31, 2011, 10:17:38I love them all but Wish holds a very special place in my heart.

Same here! I used to love "Disintegration" as well, but it wasn't the happiest time of my life (thus "Disintegration" was of course the perfect soundtrack to it!). Then I waited for a follow-up ("Never enough" already hinted at more guitars being used), when "Wish" finally was released, I was very happy. I really like to remember that time, most of them are happy memories (incl. my first Cure concert)!

In short, I hope for a remastered re-release too! Would be fine if this came out within the next 15 months or so, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of "Wish".  :D
(Seeing "Mixed Up" and "Wish" are the "next in line", it should be possible!)

Ulrich, David, I am pretty much with you, however, quite often I switch between the two albums. I think Wish is still my favorite but sometimes I just prefer disintegration. I guess it's the album you need to be in a mood for.

| SONA |

ok, it's 2012, that means it's time for a 20th anniversary reissue of Wish!  Where is it?!! 

| SONA |

I didn't see this a couple months ago, this is promising, though no actual sources are named. We'll find out next month if Record Store Day produces a FIIL single...

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2011/12/07/the-cure-wish-reissue-friday-im-in-love-record-store-day-single/

Ulrich

Sounds good and gives hope!
You never know these days, like with "Disintegration" it might be late and a 21st anniversary reissue...

But it would be perfect, as a new album seems to be out later (I don't expect one with all the festival shows lined up for summer). Thus a "Wish" deluxe edition would be fine for 2012 and a new album later in the year or early 2013... We'll have to wait and see (as usual).

Ulrich

SidneyCure

Doing the Unstuck 12" mix should be on CD2!
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

Ulrich

Still no sign/news of this re-release?
I hope it'll be out before Xmas. The band performed quite a few songs from this album during the summer tour, so to me it would make sense to release this soon.

Or will it be a "21st anniversary issue" like with Disintegration?  :roll:

SidneyCure

It should be a really fat beefed up package (like Disint.)

CD. 1 : Wish (Remastered)
CD. 2 : Lost Wishes EP
CD. 3 : B-Sides/Single Mixes/Remixes
CD. 4 : Demos
CD. 5 : Show (Remastered) [Including the songs that were only available on the VHS - eg. A Forest & Boys Don't Cry] & Side Show EP
CD. 6 : Paris (Remastered)
DVD. 1: Show

Any extras?
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
'Boys Don't Cry' is my favourite Cure song but it doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Disintegration is my favourite LP! The Cure are my favourite band!

Ulrich

I don't think they will need one whole disc for an EP!
B-sides are on "Join the dots", so they will only feature in demo/rough versions...

Not sure about Show/Paris live recordings, if they would be remastered, I guess these would make their own package.
We'll have to wait and see (as usual). Why am I repeating myself?  ;)

SidneyCure

Yeah guess UR right about the EP. Erm, I dont know about Show/Paris.
Personally, I wouldn't mind about wether they were separate or on Wish. I already have Paris on CD anyway
Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted

Ulrich

Nice article just found about the "lost wishes" and also someone who's been waiting for the re-issue!

QuoteWish was the 9th, and certainly the most commercially successful album from The Cure. Despite this, there is yet to be a Deluxe Edition released through Rhino—who seem to have stopped with The Cure Reissues with 1989's Disintegration.

http://www.post-punk.com/the-cures-rarest-4-songs-the-lost-wishes-ep/

MeltingMan

Quote from: ExplicitMoment on October 16, 2008, 03:16:51
I would imagine it will be a while before we see any more remasters/deluxe editions.
It's a shame, but I'd rather they were releasing new material than re-releasing the old stuff.
I tend in the same direction.The Deluxe Edition has been overdue for years and that means something.
I believe that Robert (considering former members too) is reluctant to extend the copyright period for Wish.Maybe I'm wrong,but I think that Wish Deluxe will not materialize as previously described
and expected. :(
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)