Author Topic: 2008.12.14 Universal City - Gibson Amphitheatre 'KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas'  (Read 47636 times)

Offline j

• Curefan Master
No kidding.  I guess it will have to either be ticketfast or will call.  I just hope they don't make it for CA residents only.

Offline sullen

• Newfan
That would suck bigtime.
Have they done CA resident only sales in the past?

Offline j

• Curefan Master
Not sure, but to win tix, you have to be a CA resident, and technically, the show is a gift to the listeners (i.e. locals) of the station.  I guess they could theoretically impose that rule, especially if you can only get tix at will call and you therefore need to show a CA I.D. to pick them up.

Offline pink ego box

• Beginner
    • flickr
That would suck bigtime.
Have they done CA resident only sales in the past?

Yes they did that last year. You had to live in the surrounding counties to buy tickets. They checked your billing address and made you wait 24 hours before they let you print your tickets.
I just hope I can find 2 tickets at a reasonable price.

Offline j

• Curefan Master
I was talking with another member here (who shall remain nameless at this point!) and this person brought up an interesting question.  Will they check for CA I.D. at the door?  What happens if you are from Arizona and buy a ticket off of Stubhub?

Offline sullen

• Newfan
Great.

So 99% chance well have to pay top dollar if we don't live in CA.

This better be a sweet setlist.

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master

This better be a sweet setlist.

Hey, remember the '97 Christmas shows that were in support of Galore?  While I don't think it will be THAT good, I'm sure RS will throw in a few gems.  Maybe a few that mention Christmas or snow?  Snakepit, Other Voices, Hey You, Watching Me Fall  :rocker

Offline j

• Curefan Master
From wiki:

The Gibson Amphitheatre (formerly Universal Amphitheatre) is a theatre located in Universal City, California, USA. It was originally built in 1972 as an outdoor venue, but was remodeled and converted into an indoor theatre in 1982. It seats up to 6,189 for concerts, including 6,089 chairback seats (3,900 in the main level and 2,189 in the mezzanine). It is the third-largest theatre in California, behind the Shrine Auditorium and Nokia Theatre - two other Los Angeles venues. The theatre is best known for its acoustics and its sightlines, considered the best of any theatre in North America.

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
According to musewiki.org the set times from last year were as follows:

23:10 - End*
21:55 - Muse
21:05 - Jimmy Eat World
20:30 - Modest Mouse
20:05 - Special Guest (The Killers)
19:30 - The Shins
19:00 - Silversun Pickups
18:30 - Feist
18:00 - Spoon

I doubt they'll be much different this year.  One hour and and fifteen minutes for the headliner (which looks like they probably went past curfew).  12 songs I suppose.     

Offline j

• Curefan Master
I thought that I saw somewhere that doors open at 4.  If doors open at 4, will they really start 2 hours later?  I would think that they'd start around 5 if that was the case.  Or maybe that is all just wishful thinking.

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
Ah yes, TM is now listing the concert and says 5:00.  Let's hope that extra hour goes to The Cure. 

http://www.ticketmaster.com/KROQ-Almost-Acoustic-Christmas-tickets/artist/851362

Offline j

• Curefan Master
I just hope that the 5pm listed there is showtime, and not doors.  I'd hate to see them only get 1:15 to play

Offline j

• Curefan Master
Did you see this:

Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Ventura, and San Bernardino Counties. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Ventura, and San Bernardino Counties will be canceled without notice and refunds given.

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
How long were the '97 Xmas Radio shows?  16-18 songs or so?  90 minutes?  I don't see them playing much longer than that.  Yeah, it's The Cure and normally you'd think they would demand a longer set.  But let's remember this is for charity and they need some publicity.

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
Did you see this:

Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Ventura, and San Bernardino Counties. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Ventura, and San Bernardino Counties will be canceled without notice and refunds given.

I can see it now, wall to wall scalpers, gathered around will call.  :roll: