June 25, 2019, 21:37:26

News:

Please consider making a donation to help to sustain curefans. Learn more.


2009.04.19 Indio - Empire Polo Fields (USA) 'Coachella Festival'

Started by takaros72, January 30, 2009, 14:40:33

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

takaros72

http://www.coachella.com/event/lineup



From COF

Setlist:

Setlist: Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Strange Day, alt.end, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, Wrong Number, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, The Hungry Ghost, Disintegration, One Hundred Years, It's Over

1st encore: If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss
2nd encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest
3rd encore: Three Imaginary Boys, Fire In Cairo, Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt

Videos








kissingcrimson

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

DJscribbles

the rumor was right, so hopefully werchter is the same.

that lineup makes me weep.i want to be there so bad.
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

crowbi_wan

Yep, the rumor was correct.  ;)  I'd heard this might be in the works from some people after the Carson Daly show last month.  Good news!  Not sure I'll be making this concert, though. 

Plainsong

f*ck it, I'm going. That's my birthday. Inescapable fate!
Plus the thought of seeing MBV too gets me all shivery.

rodney

I wonder if there will be any other US dates announced.  Maybe for May?

DJscribbles

since they keep dropping by southern cali so much, they should go northern. *sulk*

and look at the lineup - UNBELIEVABLE.
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

crowbi_wan

Quote from: DJscribbles on January 31, 2009, 01:11:48
since they keep dropping by southern cali so much, they should go northern. *sulk*

and look at the lineup - UNBELIEVABLE.


Yeah, SoCal has been getting quite a lot of The Cure lately.  But remember, the Bay Area got Download in '07 and a show during the 4tour.  That's two more shows than some place like Detroit, where they normally play.  They've also skipped New Orleans and the Nashville are recently.  ;) 

But hey, since we're on the topic of places we think they should come to, my thinking is they still need to play SEATTLE!  Many fans couldn't make the trip to Sasquatch in the middle of the state.  I had a 4th row ticket!   

Hero

Why the hell do i not live in America! That lineup is unbelievable!
The Cure and The Horrors on the same day! I want to cry. And i'm not going to the O2 show because of exams:( Booo!

Fingers crossed for European festivals.


jbud1980

just bought my tickets yesterday, and even though they are astronomically priced, it is still worth it ($117.00 for one ticket). this is the first year that the event is held in april, which is great because it gets so hot out in indio.

i am looking forward to X, perry farrell, the kills, the horrors, and even the yeah yeah yeahs, though i must say, they are not that good live.

jbud1980

oh yeah, i must add that i am incredibly disgusted and shocked that the killers are headlining the second night, and don't be surprised if morrissey cancels hours before he is supposed to go on (happened at the kroq inland invasion in 2004).

jbud1980

u think i can bring a sign that says "happy early 50th birthday, robert!"?

takaros72


punx_chix

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 31, 2009, 01:35:08

Yeah, SoCal has been getting quite a lot of The Cure lately.  But remember, the Bay Area got Download in '07 and a show during the 4tour.  That's two more shows than some place like Detroit, where they normally play.  They've also skipped New Orleans and the Nashville are recently.  ;) 

But hey, since we're on the topic of places we think they should come to, my thinking is they still need to play SEATTLE!  Many fans couldn't make the trip to Sasquatch in the middle of the state.  I had a 4th row ticket!   


I agree 100%. Anywhere in the northwest would be superb. i had i think 13th row tickets for the seattle show. but i was one row closer in san jose :)
I think i'm going to try to get to this one. my mum brought up a good point, tax returns could make this trip possible.

does anybody know if this festival sells out? i assume it doesn't.  looks like a pretty big place.
...and i run around hysterical
in dead persistent gloom...

luckyface

Quote from: jbud1980 on January 31, 2009, 18:37:59
oh yeah, i must add that i am incredibly disgusted and shocked that the killers are headlining the second night, and don't be surprised if morrissey cancels hours before he is supposed to go on (happened at the kroq inland invasion in 2004).

Most likely, someone will replace the Killers at the top of Saturday. There should be a couple more big adds.