August 21, 2019, 19:48:43

News:

Please consider making a donation to help to sustain curefans. Learn more.


Shoutbox

Started by dsanchez, January 03, 2010, 23:44:11

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dsanchez

I just disable the shoutbox due some technical problems we're experiencing with the application allowing to embed automatically the videos. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

David.
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

wish-man


Its always nice to see new possibilities on CureFans, so thanks and no problems  :D :smth023
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

Trust...

Strange ... without  :(
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

I want it back  :(
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

japanesebaby

the shoutbox was originally launched to be in use only during special occasions (like concerts) and even then it never really worked well.
there are always chat programs like YIM or messenger available for any personal messaging. ;)


Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 08, 2010, 23:11:20
the shoutbox was originally launched to be in use only during special occasions (like concerts)


Strange I didn't know this, I tought it was something extra and new on curefans.com to communicate with others ?

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 08, 2010, 23:11:20
and even then it never really worked well.


I never felt that it wasn't working ? It was working really fine to me?

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 08, 2010, 23:11:20
there are always chat programs like YIM or messenger available for any personal messaging. ;)



I don't need a private chat, the shoutbox was just GREAT the way it was  :smth023
And I think everyone knows good enough that everything you write there was in public?
And now I still miss it and want it back  ;)

I'm not the only one I guess?
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: Trust... on February 09, 2010, 13:47:02

And now I still miss it and want it back  ;)

I'm not the only one I guess?



no you're not!!! :) i liked it, too. but if there's a problem...
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

dsanchez

The shoutbox idea came from the time we had a Cure radio special (I contacted a british radio so that Curefans.com can "sponsor" the show) and we had many curefans.com members chatting throught the british radio chat.

The shoutbox was installed and used for a handful of people for a period of time. Some people didn't like to read other's people "private" conversations and thus the shoutbox was disabled until we can find a way to make it less "uncomfortable" (for example, a link that open a small window with the shoutbox couldn't bother anyone). I don't know when we will enable this again.

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on February 09, 2010, 19:59:54
The shoutbox idea came from the time we had a Cure radio special (I contacted a british radio so that Curefans.com can "sponsor" the show) and we had many curefans.com members chatting throught the british radio chat.

The shoutbox was installed and used for a handful of people for a period of time. Some people didn't like to read other's people "private" conversations and thus the shoutbox was disabled until we can find a way to make it less "uncomfortable" (for example, a link that open a small window with the shoutbox couldn't bother anyone). I don't know when we will enable this again.



Thanks for your clear answer. I liked the shoutbox from the beginning and I have nice memories about it, nobody was ever rude over there to somebody else, there where nice conversations too ... And I start to like curefans.com more from that point, it had for me something social, and it's just that what I miss the most :(
It looks so dead, I like it more on my mobile phone right now :(
And sometimes it was nice to shout something out  :-D
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Now we have curefans.com on mobile, maybe next project to start-up a shoutbox again :-)
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens