Author Topic: What are you having for lunch today?  (Read 1890 times)

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
Re: What are you having for lunch today?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 18:03:17 »
Did a "Lomo Saltado", a typical Peruvian meal, for lunch before the World Cup final

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Online chemicaloverload

• Coolfan
  • Jane says I ain’t ever been in love...
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 22:23:28 »
I did something similar to this yesterday, minus the beef. It’s my Chilean friends recipe for what he calls his chilie. Had the hardest time finding coriander here! Which is so very odd to me. I eventually tracked it down, after searching loads of shops and St Josephs market, in a French supermarket.

He tells me that every South American country has it’s own version, so it was nice seeing yours :)

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2018, 20:00:15 »
Today I cooked a typical dish from Peru, it's called "Arroz Chaufa"

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2018, 20:04:30 »
He tells me that every South American country has it’s own version, so it was nice seeing yours :)

True.. I remember when I was a teenager and we went on a school trip to Ecuador. The moment we crossed the border I went to the restaurant and looked for this "Lomo Saltado"... and the taste was not as good as in Peru! :P Didn't know Chile had something similar. What I know for a fact is that there are different variants of cebiche (fish marinated with lemons, chili, onions and salt) along the south american coastline. This is an unbelievable meal and a must-to eat (at least) once in your life ;)
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Online chemicaloverload

• Coolfan
  • Jane says I ain’t ever been in love...
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 21:52:03 »

True.. I remember when I was a teenager and we went on a school trip to Ecuador. The moment we crossed the border I went to the restaurant and looked for this "Lomo Saltado"... and the taste was not as good as in Peru! :P Didn't know Chile had something similar. What I know for a fact is that there are different variants of cebiche (fish marinated with lemons, chili, onions and salt) along the south american coastline. This is an unbelievable meal and a must-to eat (at least) once in your life ;)

Hahaha nothing is ever as good as when you have it at home. I haven’t heard about the second dish, I’ll ask my neighbours about it and see what all the fuss is about :) So weird again that you responded to this today and I had actually been eating chilli again for lunch   :D
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves