Hello everyone :)

Started by A Strange Girl, February 20, 2018, 10:51:53

Previous topic - Next topic

A Strange Girl

Hello everyone, my name is Ambra, i'm 24 years old and i'm an italian fan of The Cure. Just decided to join this community, so here I am :) Nice to meet you all! :)
...I think you come from another world...

Ulrich

Hello & welcome, strange girl!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

hey! welcome to curefans.com :) which part of Italy are you from?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

A Strange Girl

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
Quote from: dsanchez on February 20, 2018, 15:55:53
hey! welcome to curefans.com :) which part of Italy are you from?
I live near Bologna, in the north of Italy. Do you know this city?  :) The cure played here in 2016!

dsanchez

Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 20, 2018, 16:32:02
I live near Bologna, in the north of Italy. Do you know this city?  :) The cure played here in 2016!

Yes, I was at The Cure gig in Bologna in 2016 and I am actually going there again on 2nd of March to see Slowdive. Are you going? :smth020
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

A Strange Girl

Quote from: dsanchez on February 20, 2018, 17:06:32
Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 20, 2018, 16:32:02

Yes, I was at The Cure gig in Bologna in 2016 and I am actually going there again on 2nd of March to see Slowdive. Are you going? :smth020

Wow, so you know my area pretty well!  :) I was at that Cure gig too (my first one from them), I wish they would come back again! I am not going to see Slowdive, as I only know some of their songs...In which country do you live?

MeltingMan

Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 20, 2018, 10:51:53
my name is Ambra

Never heard such a name before. Sounds beautiful!  :)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 20, 2018, 17:30:55
Wow, so you know my area pretty well!  :) I was at that Cure gig too (my first one from them), I wish they would come back again! I am not going to see Slowdive, as I only know some of their songs...In which country do you live?

I am currently living in Slovakia (more specifically in Bratislava). I am just flying for Slowdive, couple of nights in Bologna and return. They're awesome, and it seems they will play in small club in Bologna... can't wait!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

A Strange Girl

Quote from: dsanchez on February 20, 2018, 17:38:36

I am currently living in Slovakia (more specifically in Bratislava). I am just flying for Slowdive, couple of nights in Bologna and return. They're awesome, and it seems they will play in small club in Bologna... can't wait!
Yes they will play at Locomotiv club, which is known for hosting cool and interesting alternative bands! I hope you will have a good time then, maybe I should start discovering more Slowdive music!  :)

SusannaRS

Ciao Ambra and welcome :smth039!

I am Italian too, I live in the countryside near Turin. I was in Bologna at the show in 2016, what a night!

Are you going to fly to London in July?
Lets my memory be perverted to the uses    
Of lying and oppression.    
My lovers and their children must not be dispossessed of me;
I would be the untarnished possession forever
Of those for whom I lived.
(Spoon River Anthology, E.L.M.)

dsanchez

Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 20, 2018, 18:03:33
I should start discovering more Slowdive music!  :)

you should! they are one of the best bands of this planet.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

A Strange Girl

Quote from: MeltingMan on February 20, 2018, 17:35:02
my name is Ambra

Never heard such a name before. Sounds beautiful!  :)

Thank you so much, what a nice comment!  :) It is the Italian version of "Amber" by the way  ;)

Quote from: SusannaRS on February 20, 2018, 19:46:58
Ciao Ambra and welcome :smth039!

I am Italian too, I live in the countryside near Turin. I was in Bologna at the show in 2016, what a night!

Are you going to fly to London in July?

Ciao Susanna, grazie del benvenuto! :)
I just realized how many Italian fans are registered to this community...Amazing! The Cure gig in Bologna was probably the best night of my life  ;) Unfortunately, I am not coming to the London show, nobody wants to come with me  :( Interpol will be playing as well and i really like them, I'm kinda sad about it! Are you going?

SusannaRS

Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 21, 2018, 08:40:56

Unfortunately, I am not coming to the London show, nobody wants to come with me  :( Interpol will be playing as well and i really like them, I'm kinda sad about it! Are you going?

Yes I am if you want to come with us let me know. We are two girls flying from Turin
Lets my memory be perverted to the uses    
Of lying and oppression.    
My lovers and their children must not be dispossessed of me;
I would be the untarnished possession forever
Of those for whom I lived.
(Spoon River Anthology, E.L.M.)

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Hello everyone, my name is Ambra, i'm 24 years old and i'm an italian fan of The Cure. Just decided to join this community, so here I am :) Nice to meet you all! :)

Aye nice to meet u Ambra, I'm Pearlee!!

Ulrich

Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 20, 2018, 17:30:55
I am not going to see Slowdive, as I only know some of their songs...

Don't let that hold you back! I went to see many bands I did not know well, most of them were good live. I'm sure Slowdive will be spellbinding live, no matter if you heard the songs before or not.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...