Author Topic: The Cure returning to the Studio  (Read 625 times)

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
The Cure returning to the Studio
« on: April 11, 2018, 21:24:50 »
The Cure have booked studio time next month to demo new songs, Robert Smith says in a rare interview with BBC 6 Music. Smith says that curating this year’s Meltdown festival encouraged him to discover a wealth of new music, which became a “catalyst, because I’ve suddenly fallen in love with the idea of writing new songs.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-cure-returning-to-the-studio/

Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me...

Offline PearlThompsonsBloodflowers

• P E A R L T H O M P S O N
  • Curefan
Re: The Cure returning to the Studio
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 22:56:03 »
The Cure have booked studio time next month to demo new songs, Robert Smith says in a rare interview with BBC 6 Music. Smith says that curating this year’s Meltdown festival encouraged him to discover a wealth of new music, which became a “catalyst, because I’ve suddenly fallen in love with the idea of writing new songs.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-cure-returning-to-the-studio/
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Let's play Twister, let's play Risk (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
See you heaven if you make the list (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Offline Frenzy

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 15:59:17 »
How about a studio recording of ”it used to be the same”? I am all for it! No new song needed.

Offline tanyasmith

• Beginner
  • You flicker and you're beautiful
    • The Cure My Heart
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 06:08:21 »
"The Cure have booked studio time next month to demo new songs, Robert Smith says in a rare interview with BBC 6 Music."

Jumping through the ceiling. YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 We can only imagine what cluster of melodies and lyrics are going to be their next production. I hope some happy stuff, some really unique and freeing guidance from Guru Bob.

Offline Ulrich

• Staff Member
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 10:04:55 »
Don't get your hopes up too high. In the same interview he said that if the demos won't work and they'll never be released, then "it doesn't really matter"...

Also, I myself would hope for some "typical" Cure music after 10 years with no new stuff: melancholy, dark, emotional and deep.
but memory's not life... and it's not love.