August 21, 2019, 15:26:40

News:

Please consider making a donation to help to sustain curefans. Learn more.

2019.07.11 Algés - Passeio Maritimo de Algés (Portugal) 'Nos Alive'

Started by dsanchez, October 29, 2018, 11:12:15

Previous topic - Next topic

tzare

I think it is okay as you do not disturb others by blocking their view, in the end there are a lot of questionable behaviours in live concerts, especially in these big festivals that seem to be a huge party instead of a place to enjoy music.
It also depends on how often you can afford/enjoy the bands you like, and everyone (almost) wants to have some kind of 'souvenir' of being there, so if you can see them often, you don't care that much, but I've only been 4 times to Cure concerts, 2 when i was younger and cameras where analogic, so i have 0 memories from those, and when i saw them in 2008 i took 2-3 pictures that , well, blurry as hell, from the distance. So last time, 2016, i took my camera and my smartphone and took a few quality pictures, and recorded 2-3 songs, especially the upbeat ones, where people go mad anyway (jumping and singing so you really can't even hear Bob's voice, Friday i'm in love and ones like that)
I will probably do the same next time, it may be the last one. However i always try to have the camera or smartphone low enough, close to my chest or face,  so i do not disturb anyone.

Ulrich

Quote from: tzare on July 16, 2019, 12:23:42I think it is okay as you do not disturb others by blocking their view, in the end there are a lot of questionable behaviours in live concerts, especially in these big festivals that seem to be a huge party instead of a place to enjoy music.

That is true... I don't go to big festivals because of that. I wanna hear some good music, but so many bands playing all day gets too much for me...(and then seeing people who obviously are not there for the music, but for the drinking, camping, whatever...)!

Quote from: tzare on July 16, 2019, 12:23:42However i always try to have the camera or smartphone low enough, close to my chest or face,  so i do not disturb anyone.

That's very kind of you and that's how it should be done!  :smth023
Can't you see I try? Swimming the same deep water as you is hard...

dsanchez

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens