June 25, 2019, 22:24:57

News:

Please consider making a donation to help to sustain curefans. Learn more.

Robert Smith: "We’re going in about six weeks time to finish our new album"

Started by dsanchez, December 14, 2018, 11:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Bob:

"Seeing all these new bands--I've listened to some of these bands and met so many of them that it's kind of inspired me to do something new," he said. "So, yes, we're going in about six weeks time to finish off what will be our first album in more than a decade. It's very exciting times for us all around."

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/robert-smith-confirms-that-a-new-album-from-the-cure-is-on-the-way/
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Can't you see I try? Swimming the same deep water as you is hard...

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on December 14, 2018, 11:54:34
Its what you were waiting for Ulrich   :lol:

Yes, as they say "all good things come to those who wait".  ;)
All the Cure album since 1987 have been sort of "milestones" in my life, so this should be another one, no matter how it turns out. Just trusting Robert's artistic instincts and his songwriting abilities... plus the musical ability of the band of course.  :cool

dsanchez

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

word_on_a_wing

Thanks, I had missed it. The 30 second clip appeared elsewhere but hadn't heard the whole interview.

So the Hyde Park concert footage filmed by Tim Pope is being mixed, with a view to be released! That's news I didn't know :)  There have been several concerts filmed over these last few years, and I'm glad one will be surfacing soon(ish).
👍
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on December 18, 2018, 12:53:22
So the Hyde Park concert footage filmed by Tim Pope is being mixed, with a view to be released! That's news I didn't know :)  There have been several concerts filmed over these last few years, and I'm glad one will be surfacing soon(ish).

Together with the South America dvd and the Cure documentary for sure... or maybe not...  ;)

word_on_a_wing

An optimistic guess... I'm feeling the documentary & Hyde Park concert footage have a good chance at release.  With both of these they were doing editing or mixing, which from my understanding is well into things.
I think with some of the others they were filmed, but didn't progress from there into doing anything with the footage towards release

...just my view, not sure if it's right though :)
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."