Musicians and attitudes...

Started by Ulrich, December 11, 2019, 16:52:01

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on February 07, 2020, 10:19:33
Quote from: piggymirror on February 07, 2020, 02:07:25Any thoughts?

Can't see the point in this.  :?

I can.  We do this to students in exams all the time.  :)

Can be used for creative writing jump-off, and can be used for media analysis, and also for cultural commentary, etc.  It's open-ended.

I think @piggymirror is saying, "What do you think?" in regards to things like styling, popular culture, audience positioning, personal opinion etc etc.

I could write 5,000 words on that no worries at all.  :angel

Always looooved getting something like that to write about as a high schooler too!  :cool
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on February 07, 2020, 10:46:28I could write 5,000 words on that no worries at all.  :angel

Feel free to do so! No problems.

Well he asked, so I told what I thought: that I can't see the point in this post in a topic about attitudes (but each to their own etc.)!
It's never enough...

SueC

When I first saw the post it appeared to be in its own topic (in the post list), using the title that's now on top of the post; then someone merged it - either he did it himself (delete / re-post) or it was re-allocated here.  It probably would have been better as its own topic but it's not totally impossible here.  Then again I take a wide view of such things.  :angel
SueC is time travelling

SueC

So, in response to those photos, a few more random thoughts.

{Thought 1 (reiterated):  Unless Nick Cave (and Robert Smith) slept suspended from the ceiling like bats when they had these hairstyles, this is not how they would have looked when they got out of bed in the morning (or should that be evening :angel).}

Thought 2:  This kind of hairstyle is not very aerodynamic.  We've seen photos of Simon Gallup from a similar era as the Nick Cave photo, with an even more luxuriant coiffure.  We understand he's quite a serious recreational cyclist, and as fellow recreational cyclists have wondered how much that kind of hairstyle took off his top speed on the road (or added to it if he had a tailwind  :beaming-face ).  Unless, of course, Britain also has compulsory helmet wearing on bicycles (Australia does).  In which case, we wondered if he needed a slightly bigger helmet to accommodate all of that, even squashed down.

Thought 3:  My environmental science side wonders at the cumulative impact of such hairstyles on the ozone layer before CFCs were removed from spray cans.  Did the 1980s present an especially big spike in ozone depletion because of hair fashions at the time?

I'm afraid I still don't have anything serious today about anything because my brain is still recovering from the heatwave (cool change came through today).  :oops:
SueC is time travelling