August 15, 2020, 03:39:23

News:

Please consider making a donation to help to sustain curefans. Learn more.

What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

The mask requirement on Monday, while at the same time Switzerland, the most affected after Italy, allows the first "easing level". The second and third will follow on May 11th and June 8th respectively (source: Wikipedia). What should protect life goes hand in hand with a reduction in the quality of life. Isn't this price too high in the long run? 😕
Virtuellement, la pensée pure est absente de l'univers.

Amphithéâtre des sciences mortes V. p. 130

Ulrich

You could've posted this into the Corona topic, but here is okay too...

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 25, 2020, 10:01:26The mask requirement on Monday, while at the same time Switzerland, the most affected after Italy, allows the first "easing level"...
What should protect life goes hand in hand with a reduction in the quality of life. Isn't this price too high in the long run? 😕

Austria (who was a bit ahead of us) has done some things too (shops opened etc.); in Germany there were the first "loosenings" of measurements as well. Will see what comes next. Seeing the health system was not "overrun" (as feared) so far, some things should be made easier. (And yeah, I don't see the point of ruining businesses... who's gonna pay for the health system when the economy is down?)

Quite frankly, I don't agree with the mask thing (especially as scarves and such are allowed too), because these will give (some) people a (wrong) feeling of safety and they will forget about the (more important) distance!  :1f629:
If only I'd thought of the right words...

MeltingMan

🇵🇪 NO SE ABURRE EN CUARENTENA 2020 "MISSSPERU"

12:15-12:35 👌🏻💚

I would like to be the 🍟.  🤗

I'm not really bored, but this standstill, waiting for mail and answers from companies and institutions is grueling.

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 27, 2020, 19:18:20... this standstill, waiting for mail and answers from companies and institutions is grueling.

It is indeed. Waiting for a "plan" on how to end the lockdown, waiting for work, hoping for a perspective...  :unamused:
If only I'd thought of the right words...

SueC

I'm not a Star Wars fan, so this was news to me - but my husband is, and on Monday he said to me, "Today is Star Wars Day!"  I looked puzzled, and he said, "May the 4th be with you."  :lol:
SueC is time travelling

SueC

OMG, it's nearly June already...

Every year seems to get faster!  And I think that's because every year is a smaller fraction of our total life to date - sort of like an optical illusion, except it's a temporal illusion.  It's a very disconcerting illusion though...  :1f632:
SueC is time travelling

SueC

:'‑(  :smth023

I live on a little farm in remote Australia nowhere near these protests or I'd be marching like I did in Sydney post 9/11.  But I've been following this (normally I don't do much news because business as usual is so depressing; since the pandemic I've actually looked) and this morning watched the video I've just posted and I'm crying buckets, both because of the terrible sadness, and because of the good side of people, and how good it is to see people speaking out, and standing up for justice and fairness and love.  ♥

Here's a sheriff joining protestors:

SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

HE'S GAY! (ft MISSSPERU)

Not bad. Full of swing and a bit disreputable. In such a moment, thoughts rush ahead (for men). It can be dangerous. I like it. And last but not least, Fio! Nice that you are back. 👏🏻

A problem with newer videos is that you have to constantly adjust the volume, i.e. between music and spoken word. I noticed that the post-processing may have happened under time pressure. Take the time you need, Fio. You are an artist and develop yourself further. Your fans have to accept that.

MeltingMan

IG Model Reads Private DMs!

14:40 Actually harmless, but it's not nice either. To ignore.
16:00 Whoever laughs last is best to laugh. (Saying) 😄 😬

Thanks for sharing and the life-update, Fio. See you soon.