The Ranting Thread

Started by SueC, April 09, 2020, 06:12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

Quote from: MeltingMan on December 17, 2020, 11:41:15...and I was about to ask you if you have an old hat in your house! 😉🎩

If he doesn't have one already, he can easily get one from an op shop. 🎩:angel

Brett and I would like to suggest that @Ulrich send his old hat to Robert Smith, who can eat it instead, since he's in all likelihood the chief cause of the extended delay. :angel

Brett would like to add this clarification: "The culpability clearly being Robert Smith's for non-delivery of goods, and not Ulrich's for rashly promising to eat ancient headwear in case of non-delivery by a previously suggested date."

Disclaimer:  We thought we'd build our own house in two years.  It took us five. 👒🎓🎩💩💂‍♂️🕵️‍♀️🎅

PS:  Of course, remember that good things come to those who wait.

SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

Quote from: SueCOf course, remember that good things come to those who wait.

I'd rather say if you wait long enough it'll all come back, but in that case you'll have to be happy if it gets released at all. All you have to do is look at this year. 'The impacts are getting closer' is such a term when one stands at the grave of one's mother or father. The next is you. That's why I'm not really in a 'ranting mood'. However, I am not a stoic, and to believe that at some point nobody will expect it, journalists included, is an illusion. So the torment continues ...😔
Le futur projette une ombre, comme le passé.
(Modestie et vanité, p. 333.)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on December 21, 2020, 11:10:12I'd rather say if you wait long enough it'll all come back

Wait long by the river and the bodies of your enemies will float by!  :cool

(This is the title of an album by Australian band The Drones.)
QuoteThe title of the album comes from a quote by Umberto Eco,[14][15] frequently misattributed[16][17] to Sun Tzu: "If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wait_Long_by_the_River_and_the_Bodies_of_Your_Enemies_Will_Float_By
(Good album btw, I saw the band live around that time at a festival and from the description alone I knew I would enjoy them.)
It's never enough...

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on December 22, 2020, 11:43:37Wait long by the river and the bodies of your enemies will float by!  :cool

ROFL :lol:

Quote from: undefined(This is the title of an album by Australian band The Drones.)

It's very good when someone from Europe can tell me about writers and bands from Australia I've never heard of!   :smth023   ...and that when I try to tell a European about a great German crime writer, that writer happens to turn out to be English!   :beaming-face

Seems we're all having a hard time producing a decent rant right now.  I can have a go at a little one:  People staying in your house who don't manage to say hello/goodbye/please/thank you for three days running!   :pouting-face   :mad:   :evil:   👾   👺

However, this was countered by the occupant of the other room being a shining example of humanity, and great fun to have around.  :)  So this is only a semi-rant, I'm sorry.
SueC is time travelling