Teenage Cancer Trust Unseen (feat. The Cure)

Started by Ulrich, September 28, 2020, 20:25:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

QuoteA new YouTube festival has been announced to stream vintage performances by a host of the huge names who have played shows for Teenage Cancer Trust at London's Royal Albert Hall over the years.

Starting on October 8 with Ed Sheeran, Teenage Cancer Trust Unseen will be broadcast nightly at www.youtube.com/TCTUnseen until The Cure on October 19.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/roger-daltrey-teenage-cancer-trust-unseen-muse-cure-coranvirus-government-2760715

QuoteUnseen footage of gigs by Sir Paul McCartney, Ed Sheeran, Noel Gallagher and more will be shown to raise funds for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

The annual concerts to benefit the charity, which are usually held at The Royal Albert Hall in London, were cancelled this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.

However, the footage, which has not been aired before, will be free to stream next month, with viewers being urged to make a donation to help "provide a lifeline for teenagers with cancer".

Other performances will come from Muse, Paul Weller, Stereophonics, Pulp, Rudimental, Them Crooked Vultures and The Cure.

...The Cure played a three-hour set on two consecutive nights in 2014.
https://www.music-news.com/news/UK/134823/Paul-McCartney-and-Ed-Sheeran-gigs-to-be-shown-for-Teenage-Cancer-Trust-Unseen

It's never enough...

Ulrich

(P.S. According to one link above, the full Cure stream will be available Oct 31st!)
It's never enough...

dsanchez

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

SueC

OK, who's going to watch this?  7am Halloween morning, if I've got the maths right and daylight saving etc, seems like a civilised time to catch it in WA...
SueC is time travelling

dsanchez

Watched it and it took me back in time (I was at this gig). Looking forward seeing the whole show on 31/10!
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens