2008.05.19 Kansas City - Starlight Theatre (USA)

Started by dsanchez, September 13, 2007, 16:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

sullen

Quote from: sullen on May 20, 2008, 17:29:51
What was the Rag Dog song like?

nevermind, i didn't see the "heavy rock" comment til now  :roll: :cry:

maccatori

Cold! Haha.
Interesting the sound guy said these new opening & closing songs will now be the norm. I'll miss plainsong/disintegration even though i won't be there, but maybe a disintegration encore? Seems the band are growing in confidence with the new stuff, even though Robert is sick.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: maccatori on May 20, 2008, 20:24:15
Cold! Haha.
Interesting the sound guy said these new opening & closing songs will now be the norm. I'll miss plainsong/disintegration even though i won't be there, but maybe a disintegration encore? Seems the band are growing in confidence with the new stuff, even though Robert is sick.

They've done the Plainsong/Disintegration encore with this line-up.  Would be surprised to see it come out again if they continue with the new opener/closer.  I'd actually welcome it just to break the monotony. 

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 20, 2008, 20:47:26
Quote from: maccatori on May 20, 2008, 20:24:15
Cold! Haha.

They've done the Plainsong/Disintegration encore with this line-up.  Would be surprised to see it come out again if they continue with the new opener/closer.  I'd actually welcome it just to break the monotony. 

I can confirm that there was a Disintegration encore on the list for last night, including Disintegration and Plainsong.

NeverForget

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 20, 2008, 12:32:29
Well, the new opener was fantastic. I'm sure it was the "slow and lush" song that was described in the recent soundchecks.
I'm so curious about this new song.

If "Underneath the Stars" is the real name, I can only imagine how suggestive it has been to hear that outdoor with the full moon...
Probably that was not a coincidence.

Hope Robert will get well soon, for all the efforts he's making for all of us, for those incredible things he always prepares...

I'm terribly excited for the new album.
Thank you lostflower4 for your post-concert impressions.
STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

"no-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
no-one will ever take your place
so in love with you..."

j

New pics have been uploaded to the gallery, including a pic of Robert drinking his tea or "throat steriods".  RS on 'roids.  Sweet.

lostflower4

Quote from: dsanchez on May 20, 2008, 22:13:25
COF just published this concert review
http://backtorockville.typepad.com/back_to_rockville/2008/05/review-the-cure.html

There are complains about the crowd. How was it?

I don't know where those people were?  Up in the hills?

The crowd around me was very crazy, including the 7 foot tall guy in front of me, jumping up and down the entire show.  :eek:

Lots of crazy screamers behind me too, including one guy shouting complete gibberish. A few people up front sat down during some songs, but it wasn't so bad. Although one guy did start shouting to them, "Get off your fuckin' asses!"  :D

lostflower4

There's some really poor translations of Robert speak on COF. For example, it says:

End of The Only One - Robert "You guys are not helping me out very much, perhaps if we play something you like it will be different, which is the way it f*cking should be."

But he actually said:

"I'm not going to talk to you very long. Believe me, I've suffered more than you have... Which is exactly the way it should be."

Huge difference there.  :!:

mint car

any chance for download a new songs?  :roll:
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

Cure Freak

Quote from: j on May 21, 2008, 00:27:12
New pics have been uploaded to the gallery, including a pic of Robert drinking his tea or "throat steriods".  RS on 'roids.  Sweet.

great photos.
so sorryto hear about Rob's throat. i hope it gets better.
he seems to have given his all at this concert, despite it.

j

Transcript of what RS said during the show:

Before Pictures of You- "Thank You.  Hello."

Before A Night Like This- "Thank you.  As you probably figured, I shouldn't be up here singing tonight.  I was told not to, but you've (or we've) come all this way, so we shall persevere and maybe there will be that magic moment when it will all kick in.  Until then, just imagine that Serge Gainsbourg sings The Cure."

Before The Walk "It's kind of (darkly?) funny if this is the first time anyone's seen us, which I suspect it is...so I'll keep it (pretty low?) tonight."

Before The Only One- "Thank you."

Before FTEOTDGS- "Look on the bright side- I could have spent my whole night (unknown)- how the f*ck would that work?  Not much help for you, I know, but believe me, I am suffering more than you are.  Which is exactly how it should be.  So, let's (cover up?)"

Before A Strange Day- "Thank you."

Before Never Enough- "Thank you.  If you knew the songs better, (unintelligible)."

Before Perfect Boy- "A new song.  This won't sound like the record. The Perfect Boy."

Before Wrong Number- "Thank you. f*ck I realize how much I miss my voice (unintelligible). If only I'd (stopped that night Serge) I could have ended up (unintelligible) f*cking (unintelligible)."

After New Song 2- "Thank you.  I apologize for my voice (and nothing else?)."

Before If Only Tonight- "Thank you.  But seriously, this is f*cking killing me.  You know, in 30 years of singing, I have never ever had a throat like this.  (clears throat) But it was either like, not- see if I can't if I can't sing then everyone comes here everyone does all this- and I go 'Oh No No' and the doctors says 'You shouldn't go on because you can't sing' and I know I can't f*cking sing, but, we still play the songs, so once again, I apologize for my voice but it is either this or nothing and I think this is alot better than nothing.  Thank you very much for bearing with me through it and when we come back, I'll sound alot sweeter, I promise you.  The next 2, you might notice are really long instrumentals (unintelligible)".

After The Kiss- "Thank you!"

Before Boy's Don't Cry- "Thank you."

After KAA- "Thank you, good night. Thank you."

Cure

is this show available 4 download?
i'm so curious 2 hear his voice
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

j

Who took this picture and uploaded it to our gallery?

http://curefans.com/index.php/v/live/2008/northamericantour/kansas_city/IMG_0504.JPG.html?action=gallery

See that blonde girl with the tattoo on her right arm?  See the black shirt and hand right under her chin?  THAT'S ME!!!

dsanchez

Quote from: j on May 23, 2008, 02:48:52
See that blonde girl with the tattoo on her right arm?  See the black shirt and hand right under her chin?  THAT'S ME!!!

The picture was taken by rDaut. Btw, you always get next to beauty ladies, don't you? ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo