2008.02.09 Stockholm - Hovet (Sweden) *Sold Out*

Started by j, September 27, 2007, 16:05:59

Previous topic - Next topic

drowning

the new album is a greatest hits album ?

sorry

Hero

I just want to say THANKYOU to Japanesebaby for the live coverage!
Its been quite exciting even though we're not there :smth023

robiola

Quote from: Hero on February 09, 2008, 23:59:52
I just want to say THANKYOU to Japanesebaby for the live coverage!
Its been quite exciting even though we're not there :smth023

Same here, thanks to the howling woman.

MheAd

Just got back from the show. The sound was horrible!!!
Hovet is probably the venue with the worst acoustic in Stockholm-area. It always gets bassy, even though I was standing in centre of floor section! This bad I haven't experienced a concert ever since Audioslave in 2005 (bassy as hell). Shame really, cause this is the very first time I get to see The Cure live, and the bands first visit to Sthlm since 1996 (also played Hovet).

silversand

Thank japanesebaby to give us the setlist :)
It's a good setlist, nothing surprising. But i hope they will play more new
songs on this tour :) It was great that they played 3 hours.

I'm sorry MheAd that the accoustic was horrible at the venue.
When that happens it could cloud the fun.
Hope you have the change to see the band on another Concert on this tour.

Dinosaur

Robert said that they would visit Stockholm again sooner than we think! It was a great concert, he had changed some lines in please project too

scatcat

Quote from: Bloodflower on February 09, 2008, 23:52:17
It's probably important to keep in mind that they're not touring an album. What do bands play when they're not touring something in particular? Typically speaking, their greatest hits. Give it some time before you write them off. Imagine how wrong you could be.

not many bands can do a world tour, without releasing an album... :smth023
- that does mean good news for fans.... because, by the time the new album is released... we are going to ask for another tour right!!???

and a  big thanks to JB     for keeping us up late.. I mean up to date!!!  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

Disappointing set.
Many thanks to Marika
Hope this isn't the shape of things to come.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

rodney

Typical set for the last couple of years, which seems boring to those of us online.  I'm curious to hear opinions of those who've not seen this lineup before on the performance.

scatcat

Quote from: MheAd on February 10, 2008, 00:52:52
Just got back from the show. The sound was horrible!!!

I can say that the Rod Laver Arena was great in melb.,  AND ,loud too!! just the way i like it... I remember seeing U2  :smth015 at the MCG and the accoustics were shocking.. open air... and the echo around the stands,  :smth011
not to mention how crap the band was!!  :-D
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

carycameron

Quote from: rodney on February 10, 2008, 01:40:39
Typical set for the last couple of years, which seems boring to those of us online.  I'm curious to hear opinions of those who've not seen this lineup before on the performance.

There hasn't been that many concerts the last couple years...so there's some songs in there that are still fresh like  How Beautiful you are,  Jumping,  Wrong Number, Grinding Halt,  etc  which were rarely played before 2007...   plus 3 new songs...  so its not all bad.....

I'm sure they'll mix it up like they did in Mexico and then play more new songs  as the tour progresses into North America...  

blugel

i think the big problem here is the lack of news about the new album...just tell us something, release date, progress, etc....that comment about being back sooner than anyone expects leads me to wonder if they'll go on a proper tour for the album when it is released, but once again, no news on when that might be....would like to still believe that march 31/april 1 rumor, but its coming up and nothing said yet...any new merchandise that might give any hints?  oh well, looks like a great show nonetheless and still can't wait to see them in chicago!

carycameron

Quote from: blugel on February 10, 2008, 02:08:35
i think the big problem here is the lack of news about the new album...just tell us something, release date, progress, etc....that comment about being back sooner than anyone expects leads me to wonder if they'll go on a proper tour for the album when it is released, but once again, no news on when that might be....would like to still believe that march 31/april 1 rumor, but its coming up and nothing said yet...any new merchandise that might give any hints?  oh well, looks like a great show nonetheless and still can't wait to see them in chicago!

I expect Robert would give some indication soon about the new album as no doubt he'll be repeatedly questioned  from fans and media  as the tour goes along

Steve

Lazy set.
Can't Porl learn some other stuff?
I watched Led Zep (the song remains the same) today & it is an perfect example of how NOT to play live
Hope the Cure get it together before they get here.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

billee

Thanks japanesebaby for being our setlist monitor at the concert  :smth023
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control