The Only One + Ny Trip officially confirmed.

Started by [labyrinth], April 25, 2008, 12:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

[labyrinth]

David, for what i think
it's nothing but GREAT that Mtv is losing popularity.

and if Internet ruins the surprise (setlists,etc etc) , i suppose it could be GREAT if used for promotion like Vampire Weekend or as you said Radiohead (i bought from their site the collector's edition, i'm old school maybe, but i love to have physical cds , vinyls, booklets and so on).

but I still think videoclips are important.

cureterra

Quote from: [labyrinth] on April 28, 2008, 00:53:53
but i love to have physical cds , vinyls, booklets and so on).

but I still think videoclips are important.

I remember Robert saying that this album will be the last on CD format. But many fans love to have their favourite music in cds... :(
And i like videoclips very much, i think they are important to promote the singles but also are a piece of collection for us.
*** VANILLA SMILE ***

rubcure

Quote from: dsanchez on April 27, 2008, 23:00:49
The era we're living now is the Internet era.

I was reading and an idea arrived suddenly... Robert should open a channel in Youtube and upload the new videos there!!  :-D

...just an idea.  ;)
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

rodney

CD sales have dropped 35% since 2000, but vinyl sales are up 15% since 2005.  Seems to me that vinyl, with the option of digital downloads are the way of the future.

SubPop is selling vinyl records with a code that lets you get a free digital download.  Seems like the way to go to me.

Poe

Anyway,
Quote from: cureterra on April 28, 2008, 02:00:58
I remember Robert saying that this album will be the last on CD format. But many fans love to have their favourite music in cds... :(

Doesn't sound too good...It's nice to have a physical, sensuous, and, I guess, more romantic alternative to digital downloads. Don't know that much about vinyls, but I wouldn't mind that to change. Seems more interesting than CD's.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

nevyn

rodney

If it's a Geffin employee updating the official site, they're probably not even in the office yet.  Give them time.  It's 5:50am there now.

nevyn

Quote from: rodney on April 28, 2008, 14:50:22
If it's a Geffin employee updating the official site, they're probably not even in the office yet.  Give them time.  It's 5:50am there now.

good point...

frog_s

I remember Robert saying that this album will be the last on CD format.

Hey, do you guys really believe that? I actually think they understand the 'old school' idea like everyone else here, why else would they still also promote their vinyls? I think this will the be the same with the good old cd! maybe they are just putting their digital stuff more in the spotlights caus they don't want to look too old fashioned and trying new marketing stuff like said before!

Poe

Quote from: frog_s on April 28, 2008, 15:31:13

Hey, do you guys really believe that? I actually think they understand the 'old school' idea like everyone else here, why else would they still also promote their vinyls? I think this will the be the same with the good old cd! maybe they are just putting their digital stuff more in the spotlights caus they don't want to look too old fashioned and trying new marketing stuff like said before!

Well, it does sound highly unlikely, but I don't know where cureterra heard it, what Robert's exact words were. Fill me in, cureterra, or anyone...

[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

scatcat

there are references to Robert's interview reagrding the future of music and internet downloads here:

Robert Smith talks about digital downloads:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4062.0.html
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

frog_s

Quote from: Poe on April 28, 2008, 15:38:48
Quote from: frog_s on April 28, 2008, 15:31:13

Well, it does sound highly unlikely, but I don't know where cureterra heard it, what Robert's exact words were. Fill me in, cureterra, or anyone...

Hey guys, no I don't mean it like that, I just mean to say that I don't think they will just stop making cd's, maybe in the future yes they will put digital songs on the first place but don't you think there will always, maybe even after the official release, make that album on a cd format? Maybe just for collectors or something!

It's not that I think Robert didn't say something like that or whatever, I'm sure he did, but he also always says it's the last thing they did after releasing an album ;)

Lady

I'm one of those fans! :-D

About videoclips: I really don't care if they make or not a videoclip, but we must admit nowadays they're essential for the market. :smth001
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

fannwenner

cant wait to har this - and on cd as well. great news!

nevyn

almost 1 p.m. California time and still no news...

This is really.... I don't know how to name it...